Making Flower Icing Recipes

Reaction score
Is there any body here who could share to me a recipe for making flower icing to decorate a cake. I would love to hear from you guys in this forum a recipe that you tested already and that is okay. Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
If I am understanding you correctly, you want a recipe to make candied flowers for cake decoration?

The recipe I generally use, though method is perhaps a better word, is to
  • pick the flowers I want to preserve to go on the cake
  • wash and dry them gently and soon after picking, like very soon after picking
  • then get a well beaten egg white and dip the flower carefully into the egg white. You don't want the petals to get to heavily covered egg white but just enough to be able to hold sugar on the petals.
  • Now dip them into some super fine sugar (icing sugar in the UK)
  • Place them on a lined baking tray and leave them overnight to dry.
  • Depending on how well you dipped the flowers in the egg white and how good a covering of sugar they good will control how will they last. If storing them for any t time at all you will need to keep them in an airtight container
You can place also them in an oven for 10-15 minutes or so at 400F/200C/Gas 6 if you want to try speeding up the drying process.

Ask a Question