making Whipped Cream Topping last

Reaction score
How do you do it ? when I make it at home it starts falling apart fast,like it is melting is the best way to describe it I guess :) what do ya'll use to keep it in the fridge for much more than a day ?

I hate to brag,but :) I make a pretty good simple home made Whipped Topping,this is the recipe that I use

http://www.grouprecipes.com/120490/tips-on-using-heavy-whipping-cream.html taste great and I've only made butter twice ;)

here is one using corn starch to make it last longer

http://www.chowhound.com/recipes/make-ahead-whipped-cream-30835

this one says cream cheese

http://bakerette.com/whipping-cream/

i have one somewhere that says to use some unflavored gelatin,have ya'll had any success at making it last longer ? I'm going to do a pumpkin pie this coming turkey day and will need to make it at home and then it will be anywhere from 3 to 4 hours later,if thinks go smoothly :) there is no telling if things will be on time with our family or not :)

it would be ideal if there was a way I could do it the night before, and it still be light and fluffy,till late afternoon the next day

wow I just had an Epiphany I think

i would have never thought that I would use the words light and fluffy on a message board at the same time,so be expecting more of them lol

Reaction score
well it cane out rather tasty :) looks good and tastes good,now we shall see if it holds up or not

the gelatin one

003.JPG
004.JPG
005.JPG

that is how much it made from a 1/2 pint of heavy cream or a cup full and that is a margarine bowl too :)

Reaction score
I've not had a problem with whipped cream melting in the fridge, I find it usually keeps ok for a couple of days. That being said, usually anything I make that involves whipped cream gets eaten pretty quickly! :D

I'm intrigued about the gelatin recipe - what is it like? Let us know how well it lasts!

Reaction score
when I've used this recipe to make some topping,I can get a couple of days out of it,but it keeps getting runny,so I keep eating more and more till it is gone lol

i should have doubled the recipe and see how long that would last,I've been using a pint of cream to make the whipped topping before this recipe,so i will be short on how much i have now :)

it tastes great,now it will be up to if it holds together for a bit

Reaction score
When making whipped cream.........

Some of my "tricks"....

Freeze the mixer bowl and the beater/whip for at least three hours before using.
Place the cream you are going to use in the freezer 10 minutes before you take everything out of the freezer.

While whipping, add your flavoring and 1 tablespoon of vanilla instant pudding.

Whip your cream until it gets to the consistency you want it to be.

Reaction score
The instant pudding adds stabilization to the whipped cream. It won't deteriorate as fast as it usually does, and it won't "melt" so fast while decorating with it. Plus it adds a bit of flavor to it.

It also whips up quicker when you add the instant pudding. Just be careful and don't add more than one tablespoon to one pint of whipping cream. Otherwise you run the risk of making "butter"....LOL.

Reaction score
If you want to use a non-dairy cream topping you can whip yourself......this stuff is pretty dang good....

5653419977_dda797e9b2.jpg

Reaction score
I have a box of that Chester,I didn't think yo use it :) it doesn't call for cream either

the topping i made did pretty good till yesterday ,it started looking runny and today it was really runny,but edible,it tasted a lot better than it looked by a long shot lol

I've been freezing the bowl and whipper before i use them,but no where near that long and I do put the cream in the freezer too,so a half of a tablespoon of vanilla instant pudding for a half pint then,right ? is it better than the unflavored gelatin ? there some lumps in it after I was finished with it,but you couldn't taste them

so the gelatin did help,I will give the pudding a try too,how can I make the topping chocolate ? i assume just add some coca powered or use chocolate cream too ? I usually have some Hershey syrup around at times :)

I haven't tried a chocolate pie yet,it would have to have some chocolate whipped topping right ? my great anut made hers with meringue and it was pretty darn good lol

Ask a Question