Maleficent Cake for Sweet 16

Reaction score
This weekend I have a Sweet 16 birthday cake due. The birthday girl wants a Maleficent themed birthday cake. The Angelina Jolie version.
So I have been planning and I have a great idea for the cake. I will post pictures of the cake once I am finished but for now I will share some pictures of the fondant pieces I created.

56CF33FE-C331-4985-B0AA-27033C88CAD4.jpeg

916492D6-154A-4332-8593-92643D2D56B9.jpeg

91EE9464-8531-4645-B611-6022F3562B08.jpeg

I used a silicone fondant mold for the roses. The Maleficent silhouette I used a handmade stencil.

Reaction score
Can't wait to see the finished cake, those fondant creations are amazing!

Thank you! I admit I can’t wait to start the cake. The cake is baked and the buttercream is made so tomorrow I can focus on putting it all together. I am really excited!

Reaction score
Wow, you knocked that out of the park, it looks amazing! It must have taken a lot of work from preparation to baking to assembling.

Reaction score
Wow, you knocked that out of the park, it looks amazing! It must have taken a lot of work from preparation to baking to assembling.

Thank you! It was a bit of prep work but I set a schedule for myself. On Wednesday I made the buttercream and made the fondant decor. On Thursday I baked the cakes and today I put it all together. I find that on bigger cakes like this a schedule is a must.

Reaction score
I love the colors together! Years and years ago when I first started baking seriously, I tried to make black fondant roses for my own college graduation cake and it was basically like three lumps of coal on top... oops :confused::D

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love the colors together! Years and years ago when I first started baking seriously, I tried to make black fondant roses for my own college graduation cake and it was basically like three lumps of coal on top... oops :confused::D

I really do love that particular shade of purple with black.
The roses I made using a silicone mold I bought off of amazon. I tried years ago to make the roses myself but they didn’t turn out well at all.

Ask a Question