Marble cake

Reaction score
Hi There!
So I have a really good vanilla cake recipe and a really good chocolate cake recipe. Does anyone have thoughts, suggestions or tips on combining the two to make marble cake??

Reaction score
Hi There!
So I have a really good vanilla cake recipe and a really good chocolate cake recipe. Does anyone have thoughts, suggestions or tips on combining the two to make marble cake??

Hello and welcome...as long as the cake recipes are the same type of base, meaning both butter cakes, or both sponge cakes, etc. you should have no probably mixing them into a marble cake. Issues occur if the base is different. For instance, you cannot mix a chiffon cake base into a butter cake base as the weight of the butter cake batter will deflate the chiffon batter.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

Yup as long as they are very similar batters it should work fine. Just blob them into the cake pan then use a skewer to swirl them together. Let us know how it turns out!

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

Yup as long as they are very similar batters it should work fine. Just blob them into the cake pan then use a skewer to swirl them together. Let us know how it turns out!

Thank you so much!! I’ll post pics and let you know how it works out!

Reaction score
When both your vanilla and chocolate batters are made, alternate filling your cake pan(s) with each of the mixes, to about 3/4 of the pan, swirl a tooth pick and voila you'll have your beautiful marble cake when baked.

Ask a Question