How to Make a Moist Marble Liqueur Cake

Reaction score
I would like to try to make a cake like this one, its delicious, soft, rich and with a moist center from the liqueur or syrup. My question is how do I make a cake like this with a moist center? Do I pour the syrup on top, use a syringe? How do you get the center to be moist? Thank you
German_Cappuccino_Liqueur_Cake_by_Schlunder_Yummy_Bazaar_384x384.jpg
German_Cappuccino_Liqueur_Cake_by_Schlunder_Yummy_Bazaar-2_384x384.jpg

Reaction score
I would like to try to make a cake like this one, its delicious, soft, rich and with a moist center from the liqueur or syrup. My question is how do I make a cake like this with a moist center? Do I pour the syrup on top, use a syringe? How do you get the center to be moist? Thank you
German_Cappuccino_Liqueur_Cake_by_Schlunder_Yummy_Bazaar_384x384.jpg
German_Cappuccino_Liqueur_Cake_by_Schlunder_Yummy_Bazaar-2_384x384.jpg

The moistness in the cake comes from adding simple syrup. You have the liquor to the simple syrup. to add simple syrup you just brush it on with the pastry brush or put it in a small squeeze bottle.

this is a list of different simple syrup‘s. Just make a plain simple syrup. After it cools add whatever kind of liquor you want to it. Just add a couple of tablespoons, adjust to taste.

Squeeze bottles come in different sizes with different types of tips. You can buy small ones in cookie decorating section of hobby stores; medium & large bottles are sold at restaurant supply stores.
C176C9FC-8E00-47F0-93B3-39230B786268.jpeg

The Italian manufacture Silikomart is the one most likely to have a mold

This one is angled, but if you search through their site, you might be able to find one more similar to the photo. Silikomart is really the only one that makes the dramatic 3-D geometrical shapes. But double check to make sure you choose one that’s oven safe, not all their molds are made for baking.

NordicWare makes a pan they call
the classic fluted loaf pan. The design runs from the center out. So you slice the loaf along the linear lines of the design, rather than slicing it as you would a normal loaf.

Ask a Question