Marshmallow Fluff

Reaction score
I remember a thread posting a recipe with a nice marshmallow frosting, once. I thought I would have to pass on it for lack of ever seeing such a product where I live, but it recently popped up, on discount, 2,22 euros for around 500g, I think.

So I was wondering if that was a good price, and how long such a jar would last you? And how do you use marshmallow fluff otherwise?

Reaction score
We don't really use marshmallow fluff a lot here at home :) My cousin loved making sandwiches with that, until he was diagnosed with diabetes... yikes! D:

Reaction score
I remember my mother having that stuff in her pantry all the time!! I don't think that stuff EVER goes bad :) When I was around 7 or 8, she used to buy the strawberry and raspberry flavored Fluff to put with peanut butter and bananas to make one big gooey sandwich. When I think about it now, it makes my stomach turn.

Reaction score
It's just sugar and gelatins I think. You can safely keep it for probably several years. It might not last more than 5 years, but I personally never let canned foods sit around more than 2-3 myself just to be safe. Theoretically it should last an extremely long time since sugar can't technically spoil.

Reaction score
Oh, that's interesting.

Though I sort of always imagined that you used it with something to make it turn more into marshmallow than fluff once you shaped it to your convenience. To think about the goey mess of a sandwich actually makes me feel a bit queasy too!

Ask a Question