Marshmallows (without corn syrup)

Tri

Reaction score
I've always loved marshmallows so you can only imagine my excitement when I first realised I could make them at home fairly easily.
Creating a recipe providing just the right texture however, proved somewhat of a challenge but after soldiering on I think I finally got there!! They're so fluffy yet give just the right amount of resistance when you bite into them. They're also not too sweet and better yet, these are made without glucose or corn syrup. I'm thrilled with the outcome.
I'm sure you all have your own favourite recipes already but I would love you to try mine and see what you think of them.

Here is the recipe - it's written out along with all of the ingredients in the description box of the short video tutorial which I made for them :)

Reaction score
Marshmallows!!

I tried to make these to use as cake toppers for a pastel coloured cake but I only had access to vegegel. The marshmallows wouldn’t whisk into the meringue looking component of the recipe, I’m assuming it was the lack of gelatine??

I have a thermometer which, as far as I know, is calibrated and only leaves the vegegel as a potential hinderance to those plump, pink amazing marshmallows.

Have you ever used vegegel before?

Reaction score
I've always loved marshmallows so you can only imagine my excitement when I first realised I could make them at home fairly easily.
Creating a recipe providing just the right texture however, proved somewhat of a challenge but after soldiering on I think I finally got there!! They're so fluffy yet give just the right amount of resistance when you bite into them. They're also not too sweet and better yet, these are made without glucose or corn syrup. I'm thrilled with the outcome.
I'm sure you all have your own favourite recipes already but I would love you to try mine and see what you think of them.

Here is the recipe - it's written out along with all of the ingredients in the description box of the short video tutorial which I made for them :)

These are beautiful. I love that there’s no corn syrup in it. I’m going to make a batch for my niece.

Reaction score
ok if eaten sooner than later, glucose is used to slow crystalization, we also sifted 2 parts powder sugar with one part cornstarch to prevent them from getting gummy on the surface. Same for turkish delight.
You can also use tate and lyles golden syrup, its an invert sugar that will retard crystal formation.

Ask a Question