Marshmallowy frosting recipe

Reaction score
Does anyone here have a recipe for a squidgy and marshmallowy frosting? I'd love to give it a try on cupcakes, instead of the usual buttercream recipes I tend to use. Would a marshmallowy frosting pipe well do you think?

All help greatly appreciated! :)

Reaction score
Hi Pattycakes,
This is my go-to, no-fail, delicious marshmallow frosting or filling.

Easy Marshmallow Frosting

• ½ cup butter {room temperature}
  • 1 7 oz. jar Marshmallow Fluff
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  1. Beat butter and powdered sugar until fluffy and well mixed.
  2. Mix in fluff and vanilla by hand and mix well.
  3. Add to piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes.

Reaction score
Hi Pattycakes,
This is my go-to, no-fail, delicious marshmallow frosting or filling.

Easy Marshmallow Frosting

• ½ cup butter {room temperature}
  • 1 7 oz. jar Marshmallow Fluff
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  1. Beat butter and powdered sugar until fluffy and well mixed.
  2. Mix in fluff and vanilla by hand and mix well.
  3. Add to piping bag and pipe onto cupcakes.

Thank you so much, monkeyboots! Many supermarkets here in the UK now stock the jars of Marshmallow Fluff from the States, so this recipe looks great to me.

I'm pleased to note that you use it to pipe onto cupcakes, as this is exactly what I want it for. :):)

Reaction score
Thank you so much, monkeyboots! Many supermarkets here in the UK now stock the jars of Marshmallow Fluff from the States, so this recipe looks great to me.

I'm pleased to note that you use it to pipe onto cupcakes, as this is exactly what I want it for. :):)

Glad I could help. It does pipe well, but I've only used the round, wider tip with this frosting, not any 'fancy" tips. I don't think the shape of the design would hold up. Does that make sense?
Anyway, have fun!

Reaction score
That's so great! I never thought about making marshmallow frosting (I don't even think we have stuff like marshmallow fluff in the stores here!) but I always loved treats like these when I was a kid:
candy-marshmallow-cone-384x280.jpg
stock-photo-3706110-marshmallow-cone-2.jpg

I'm very happy to see that it can be done and that it can be piped!
Now I just need to find the fluff...

Reaction score
Glad I could help. It does pipe well, but I've only used the round, wider tip with this frosting, not any 'fancy" tips. I don't think the shape of the design would hold up. Does that make sense?
Anyway, have fun!

I know exactly what you mean, monkeyboots. I usually make Swiss or Italian meringue buttercream if I want to pipe flowers or other shapes that hold well. A wide round tip will do the job just fine.

I'm looking forward to trying it.

Thanks again!

That's so great! I never thought about making marshmallow frosting (I don't even think we have stuff like marshmallow fluff in the stores here!) but I always loved treats like these when I was a kid:
candy-marshmallow-cone-384x280.jpg
stock-photo-3706110-marshmallow-cone-2.jpg

I'm very happy to see that it can be done and that it can be piped!
Now I just need to find the fluff...

I used to have those cones with marshamallows when I was a kid too!!! Not the mini ones, the bigger ones. They were so scrummy! I love anything with marshamallow in it.

I hope you find the jar of fluff.

Reaction score
If it does not appear in one of the stores I go to -- well, when all else fails, I found some marshmallow fluff jars on Amazon! You can post pictures of your frosting to us when you manage to make it! :)

Ask a Question