Matcha Baking

Reaction score
So excited to see the title of this one as I've wanted to give this a try for a long time....I'm excited about the idea of green tea and lavender flavours together for baking =).

And those blondies sound great, too!

Reaction score
I actually NEVER thought of baking with green tea. I do know that green tea is great for lots of things and winter is coming upon us and that means sickness most of the time. Green tea helps my throat so I keep it on hand all the time. I will now look for some recipes that use green tea.

Reaction score
I've never heard of people using matcha in baked goods! I'd love to try to make some; if only I can find some matcha in my local grocery store!

Reaction score
I do have a recipe for almond matcha cookies here!
http://lebakeomaniac.blogspot.com/2017/06/almond-matcha-cookies-recipe.html

I feel that the combination between matcha and almonds is really nice and the taste of the matcha will be more tamed in a sense and not too overbearing, especially for those whom are trying it out for the first time, or prefer a mild flavour!

The best part about matcha is that despite being baked, the flavour profile still remains!

Reaction score
I have been meaning to make this for months. Japanese cotton cheesecake, matcha zebra striped. Recipe in the notes below the YouTube video. You'll need a digital scale as it's mostly in grams.

Ask a Question