Matcha

Reaction score
Is that the powdered ceremonial green tea?

I haven't tried it in baking or at all. I was afraid it would be bitter. Is it good?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't have caffeine, so I've not tried matcha. I've heard it's quite a strong flavour though, and can be 'grassy' if there's too much.

Reaction score
Is that the powdered ceremonial green tea?

I haven't tried it in baking or at all. I was afraid it would be bitter. Is it good?

it is! I guess it really depends on your personal taste, it can taste a little bitter (again that depends on how you make it) and it's not overly sweet, but I think it's delicious!

I found this recipe online and it worked fine with me :) Here it is:

https://sortedfood.com/recipe/matchacake

Doesn't the cake look fantastic? ♥

Reaction score
Matcha is a special form of green tea! It's pretty popular at least in south east asia where I live in. You should definitely try it out for yourself the difference between normal green tea and matcha green tea, you might even fall in love with matcha green tea!

There are many applications where matcha green tea powder can be used for baking, such as in cookies and even muffins, both of which I have tried before! It includes the matcha cake recipe here as well, which looks absolutely gorgeous!

Another thing I love about matcha is the health benefits of Matcha!

Reaction score
Yes, know the stuff well. Mom was Japanese born and raised. It's not tea that is consumed for daily drinking. It's ceremonial, so expensive. And the flavor is intense, but to me not unpleasant. There's a food grade for used in baking and cooking. Personally, for drinking I prefer loose leaf green tea. But I've never said no to a matcha latte or matcha ice cream.

Ask a Question