Preventing Raw Cakes from Melting in Warm Climates

Reaction score
Hi all I live in a part of Africa where in winter if it drops below 70f/20c its considered cold.
My problem which I hope you good people can help me with is how to avoid my Raw Cakes melting when taken out of the fridge.
I follow the various recipes most of which call for Coconut Oil.
The problem is even in the cupboard my coconut Oil is liquid.

Reaction score
Hi all I live in a part of Africa where in winter if it drops below 70f/20c its considered cold.
My problem which I hope you good people can help me with is how to avoid my Raw Cakes melting when taken out of the fridge.
I follow the various recipes most of which call for Coconut Oil.
The problem is even in the cupboard my coconut Oil is liquid.

=======================

Are you using a virgin coconut oil or a more processed form? The processed form will most likely melt faster. Have you tried butter, lard, Crisco or unrefined coconut oil?

You might have to experiment a little, but cakes I make with vegetable oil wouldn't melt even if they were 100 degrees. My guess is, your cakes are vegan?

Reaction score
=======================

Are you using a virgin coconut oil or a more processed form? The processed form will most likely melt faster. Have you tried butter, lard, Crisco or unrefined coconut oil?

You might have to experiment a little, but cakes I make with vegetable oil wouldn't melt even if they were 100 degrees. My guess is, your cakes are vegan?
Hi SharziI am using refined coconut oil. Have never seen Virgin coconut oil on sale here.
What I will do is buy a coconut and mix up some virgin oil myself and see what happens.
Many thanks

Ask a Question