Meringue

Reaction score
We had lunch yesterday in a bake shop that has a dining area. They also serve dishes and we ordered steak for me and roast beef for my husband. After lunch, we bought some goodies in their bake shop area. The meringue was attractive and I guess it's a good dessert when there is nothing else so I took 2 jars - one small and another a big one. Back home, the meringue tasted good except that it seems like it's full of air. I had eaten 10 pieces already and it seems that nothing had passed in my throat. Here is the pic of that small jar of meringue...
IMG_3638 meringue.jpg

Reaction score
We call them Suspiros here in my coutnry, I love those little things like a lot, for real. They're pretty easy to make and also really tasty when you add some lemon juice.

Reaction score
I think that's why I really like meringue like that as a sweet treat - it hits my sugar craving without making me feel as if I have overindulged! The presentation of those is super cute!

Fae

Reaction score
Meringues are delicious, though I've yet to find a recipe that doesn't kill me with the sugar content. Heartier flavors like chocolate and spice mixes make it seem like you're getting a full dessert without all the extras. The only thing is I usually have to make up some lemon curd to make sure I use up all the yolks from getting the egg whites.

Reaction score
Thanks for the encouraging comments on this thread of meringue. Maybe this meringue I bought is a special one that is intended for those avoiding too much sugar. It was so many, many years ago when I had last tasted a meringue, it was the ordinary kind that is quite big with the shape of an oversized cookie. That ordinary meringue is filling and just 1 piece would be enough. Hmm, perhaps I have to appreciate thes small meringue that may be better for my health.

Ask a Question