Where to Find Mini Muffin Tin for Pasteis de Nata

Reaction score
I want to make Pasteis de Nata using this recipe:

https://leitesculinaria.com/7759/recipes-pasteis-de-nata.html

The recipe calls for using a mini muffin tin with wells measuring 2 in by 5/8 in. It needs to be able to endure 550 Fahrenheit.

I am having trouble finding such a muffin tin online. Does anyone know of a tin that will meet all these specifications so I can hurry up
and order it and make these delicious looking tarts?

Reaction score
I want to make Pasteis de Nata using this recipe:

https://leitesculinaria.com/7759/recipes-pasteis-de-nata.html

The recipe calls for using a mini muffin tin with wells measuring 2 in by 5/8 in. It needs to be able to endure 550 Fahrenheit.

I am having trouble finding such a muffin tin online. Does anyone know of a tin that will meet all these specifications so I can hurry up
and order it and make these delicious looking tarts?

Find another recipe. Seriously nobody bakes pastry at 550°F.

i’ve taken pastry classes with some of the most noted pastry chefs in the country, I have never in my life baked pastry at 550°F. I have never been in a commercial kitchen in which anything has ever been baked at 550°F other than pizza

Reaction score
Find another recipe. Seriously nobody bakes pastry at 550°F.

i’ve taken pastry classes with some of the most noted pastry chefs in the country, I have never in my life baked pastry at 550°F. I have never been in a commercial kitchen in which anything has ever been baked at 550°F other than pizza
Frankly I don't care who you've baked with or where. This recipe calls for 550 F. In fact, these particular pastries are intended to be baked at much higher temps than that. The 550 is only because the recipes are modified for home kitchens that can't go higher.

Thanks for the condescending and useless reply, though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Frankly I don't care who you've baked with or where. This recipe calls for 550 F. In fact, these particular pastries are intended to be baked at much higher temps than that. The 550 is only because the recipes are modified for home kitchens that can't go higher.

Thanks for the condescending and useless reply, though.

No not condescending.

If I were condescending I would have said obviously pastry is never baked at 550°F because if it were there be a slew of bakeware rated for 550°F.

The fact that you can’t find bakeware rated for 550°F should be the obvious clue that pastry is not baked at 550°F. So look for another recipe.

Now that’s condescending.

Reaction score
And the 550°F is only because the recipes modified for home kitchens is ridiculous.

i’ve been back and forth between commercial and home kitchens for years. I’ve baked every kind of cake and pastry in both a commercial and home oven. The temperature for baking pastry does not change because it’s baked at home.

and BTW go in any restaurant supply store and and just take a look at how thin and flimsy most of the bakeware is. Because it’s all uncoated aluminum. The preferred bakeware for all pastry chefs. There’s nothing in there read it for 550°F, so your assertion that these recipes have been modified temperature wise for the Home Baker is just BS. Nearly every piece of equipment I have in my home kitchen has come from the restaurant supply stores. What you you find at Williams Sonoma, Sur La Table and all those specialty stores is by far more heavy duty and expensive than what you find in the restaurant supply stores.

Last edited:

Ask a Question