Minty Choc. Chip Cookies

Reaction score
I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies using my typical recipe this weekend and they came out with a vague mint taste. I did add mini M&Ms to them, but I tasted others from the bag and they were normal. Any ideas on what might have given the cookies a mint flavor?

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

That's an odd one, I've no idea what could have caused the cookies to taste minty :confused: Do you have any cookie dough left? If so you could bake some of it without the M&Ms to see if they are the problem.

I'm jealous that you can get your hands on mini M&Ms, we can't get them in the UK any more! I love them so much, I always try and stock up when I'm in the US.

Reaction score
Hummmm, it may have something to do with the coating of the M&Ms? That's really the only thing I can think could influence it?

Interesting problem.

Reaction score
No, I baked it all at once so I can't even experiment. I'm learning towards the M&Ms being the cause in some way.

Walmart and Target sell bags of them as baking bits which is far more affordable than buying the little tubes of them when they're sold as candy.

Ask a Question