Mirror glaze for wedding cake???

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm still getting details about the wedding cake I'm doing next month and I just heard from her again.
My question is, do mirror glazes hold up in the heat of the sun. The wedding is outside and I don't want it to melt.
Any ideas???
Thank you,
Angie

Reaction score
If you are that worried about the cake being in the heat.....

I would suggest, in the most extreme way, that you look into a small wedding tent with a portable ac unit that can go in it. You can keep the cake inside the tent until they are ready for cutting the cake, then it can be carried out to the table, or rolled out on a large cart. At the very LEAST....an awning or gazebo to put it under.

There are lots of things that can withstand the heat, but direct sunlight on a cake for more than about 20 minutes can make it super soft, no matter what frosting or icing is holding it together. It will take heat a lot easier if its not in direct sun.

If this cake is going to be more of a showpiece than an edible dessert, then I would also suggest in the extreme, that you either use fondant or a thick layer of hard, white chocolate.

Reaction score
What is the best mirror glaze recipe?

The recipe I want to try is a mixture of sugar, water, glucose, sweetened condensed milk, gelatin, and food coloring. There are several different recipes that I found online with different amounts of the ingredients. I found some good recipes on Pinterest if you just type in 'mirror glaze recipe'.

Ask a Question