Can I mix glass and clay ovenware for baking?

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this is too basis a question. I've baked lasagna and various baked chicken dishes for years, loading each oven tray with an 11" X 15" glass baking dish. I am replacing one of my dishes and am considering an Emile Henry "roaster of high-fired Burgundy clay." Since I always load the oven with two baking dishes, I'd like to know if the glass dish and Emile Henry dish likely would have different baking times. Thanks.

Reaction score
Apologies in advance if this is too basis a question. I've baked lasagna and various baked chicken dishes for years, loading each oven tray with an 11" X 15" glass baking dish. I am replacing one of my dishes and am considering an Emile Henry "roaster of high-fired Burgundy clay." Since I always load the oven with two baking dishes, I'd like to know if the glass dish and Emile Henry dish likely would have different baking times. Thanks.

The glass will heat up faster than the clay. But once heated, the clay will conduct heat well, so they should finish about the same time

Ask a Question