Mixed Summer Fruits Galette

Reaction score
I saw a nice galette on Instagram, but wasn't able to find the recipe, so I went looking for one. I haven't made a galette in a while, and I've been thinking about fruit a lot lately, in particular, Summer fruits. I like the idea of combining a variety of fruits, rather than just using one. If I use what I have on hand, it'll be canned or frozen, but I might make a trip to the store for some fresh fruit, if I can hold off long enough. This looks pretty yummy, though, so I might have to make it sooner than that. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/143097/summer-fruit-galettes/mixed summer fruit galette.jpg

Reaction score
I've never made a galette either, but I do love the idea of being able to combine so many summery fruits into one recipe. Plus, I just love the pretty rustic look that they have! I think one with stone fruit like peaches, apricots or nectarines would be scrumptious!

Reaction score
I've never heard "galette" before!!!! This is a new one on me!

I will eat anything with fruit in it, although I'm not supposed too.:oops:

Reaction score
They're easy to make, Chester, sort of an unstructured one crust (on the bottom) pie without the pie pan, and just fold the crust partway over the top, leaving an opening in the center, so the fruit is visible. I've been really busy this week, but I am still planning to make this. It's a nice dessert to make when you've got last minute guests, or when you don't have a lot of time. I did pick up some fresh strawberries the other day, so I'll be using those, as well as some canned plums and/or mandarin oranges.

Reaction score
I've never made a galette either, but I do love the idea of being able to combine so many summery fruits into one recipe. Plus, I just love the pretty rustic look that they have! I think one with stone fruit like peaches, apricots or nectarines would be scrumptious!

I haven't either, but it sure looks good. I was just thinking, "Hmm, peaches are on sale." LOL

I quite like peaches, but I could do mixed berries as well.

Thanks a lot, @Diane Lane, for making my mouth water with that picture!:p

Reaction score
I made the fruit galette the other day. I used fresh strawberries and blueberries, along with a can of mandarin oranges. It tasted very nice, but I would definitely add a few more tablespoons of flour to the mix, to thicken it up. The insides ended up being slightly soupy, but a bit more flour would help with that. I'd probably also add another tablespoon of sugar, to counteract the additional flour, with regard to flavor. I used large crystal multicolored (pastel) sugar on the crust, on top of an egg wash, and the crust came out quite nice, although I'd pre-bake the crust for 10 minutes prior to adding the fruit, so the bottom would not be soggy, and since the temperature is high, I'd bake this on the bottom shelf, which I did do. All in all, it should turn out quite well, with a few adjustments.

Ask a Question