Mixer Advise

Reaction score
A new stand mixer will be used for breads and pizza dough, shredding meats and general mixing. We don't do sweets, so no pies, cookies, cakes. However, I will not rule out a batch of cinnamon rolls during the winter months, lite on the sugar. I would guess the mixer will get used 4 to 6 months out of the year. So it has come down to three choices:

1 The Bosch Universal Mixer Plus: Rejected because of price, but not completely ruled out if a good argument can be made in its defense.

2 and 3 The WonderMix and the NutriMill Artiste, both almost identical in capacity and function, priced the same and basically use the same attachments.

I'm leaning toward the WonderMix because it has the dough divider. Are there any pros or cons for the use of the dough divider? Any glaring differences between the two that are not apparent?

Thank you,
John

Reaction score
A new stand mixer will be used for breads and pizza dough, shredding meats and general mixing. We don't do sweets, so no pies, cookies, cakes. However, I will not rule out a batch of cinnamon rolls during the winter months, lite on the sugar. I would guess the mixer will get used 4 to 6 months out of the year. So it has come down to three choices:

1 The Bosch Universal Mixer Plus: Rejected because of price, but not completely ruled out if a good argument can be made in its defense.

2 and 3 The WonderMix and the NutriMill Artiste, both almost identical in capacity and function, priced the same and basically use the same attachments.

I'm leaning toward the WonderMix because it has the dough divider. Are there any pros or cons for the use of the dough divider? Any glaring differences between the two that are not apparent?

Thank you,
John

John, 4 - 6 mos/per yr of mixing bread dough is a lot. So selecting the right mixer is really critical.

There’s a forum called The Fresh Loaf that is dedicated to exclusively to bread. I know they’ve had discussions about Nutrimill Artiste, and quite recently as one of their participants recently bought one. I would recommend you posted this question that forum since their participants are exclusively bread bakers and they use the spiral mixers since they are best for bread dough. The bakers on this forum dabble in everything baked and use planetary mixers. So I think you’ll get a lot more insight on this spiral mixer question over on The Fresh Loaf.

Warm regards

Cate

Reaction score
Hi Cate, I would only make a few loafs 2-3 a month, so not as much use as I might have implied.

I want to thank you for all your help and for steering in the direction of "The Fresh Loaf". I spent some time last night reading the forums and I think this is going to be very enlightening and a bit intimidating.

Thank you,

John

Reaction score
Hi Cate, I would only make a few loafs 2-3 a month, so not as much use as I might have implied.

I want to thank you for all your help and for steering in the direction of "The Fresh Loaf". I spent some time last night reading the forums and I think this is going to be very enlightening and a bit intimidating.

Thank you,

John

John,

Yes, they are very serious about bread over there. I hope you find the right mixer for your needs. And I hope to see some photos of beautiful loaves of bread over here on our forum:D

Reaction score

Thank you,
John

You'r better off getting the Nutrill Artiste. The Wondermix has a cheap nylon plastic drive post that breaks & wears out. The one in the Artiste is pure metal & it won't break or wear out!!

Ask a Question