Cuisinart Stand Mixer: A Budget-Friendly Alternative to KitchenAid

Reaction score
So ever since I started baking I've been drooling over the KitchenAid stand mixers that seemed to be the holy grail of mixers. Unfortunately I never had the money to drop that much on a kitchen tool even one as awesome as a KitchenAid. Around this time last year my husband was looking on woot.com(if you've never been there check it out but only if you've got money to spend, they've got really great deals but they're only available for a short time) and saw a Cuisinart mixer that had been refurbished for $175. I didn't really know much about Cuisinart mixers so I did a little research and saw that in their current models Cuisinart is actually considered to be better than KitchenAid, so even though I'm wary about refurbished things I decided to take a chance since the price was about half of what a new one would cost.

I absolutely adore my mixer. It's the Cuisinart 5 1/2 quart 12 speed stand mixer. In the past year I've used it to make so many different things from bread to cake to cookies. Being able to make cookies with it was awesome because last Christmas I broke a hand mixture trying to mix cookie down and ended up having to make all the other cookies by hand. If you are shopping for a mixer I would definitely recommend this one.

Ask a Question