Mixer recommendations needed!

Reaction score
I am looking to invest in a new mixer, mines starting to chug!

I am UK based so must be able to get it here (online or in shop) and I’m keen to find one for which i can buy extra bowls for for when using multiple flavours and colours! Thank you:)

Reaction score
Try looking into THIS one. The Nutrimill Artiste Mixer. It' resonably priced, has a 650-watt motor, a 6-1/2-qt work bowl & it can use some of the same accessories as the Bosch Universal! It's very good!! I have it & it hasn't given me a bit of trouble!! :)
My new mixer!!.jpg

Reaction score
I am looking to invest in a new mixer, mines starting to chug!

I am UK based so must be able to get it here (online or in shop) and I’m keen to find one for which i can buy extra bowls for for when using multiple flavours and colours! Thank you:)
Depends on what you will used the mixer for most. A planetary mixer (Kenwood, KitchenAid) won’t hold up if mixing heavy doughs on regular basis.

If making a lot of doughs, then a spiral mixer is the way to go. Bosch is on the entry level; Ankarsrum is a step up. Haussler Alpha is the high end. These mixers can be used for batters as well as dough.

The Italian Famag mixers are dough only.

Reaction score
But most of them will only let you do about 4lbs of dough at a time. You'd need a 220 or 240-volt power line to do larger amounts of dough. :)

Reaction score
Do not by this mixer!! If your looking for pretty colors & don't plan to use it, that's fine. But technically, this mixer is junk!! You can only use it for 3 miniutes, the beaters are flimsily-made & it doesn't mix that well. Proof that you only get what you pay for!! :eek:
Delish by Dash mixer..jpg

Reaction score
Apologies for jumping on this thread, I posted a new thread but no replies.

I've been the home cook for years, and decided to improve on my baking. I am looking to get a new mixer (KitchenAid has been recommended), but unsure which size. I bake cakes, cookies, pastries etc... usually large 3 tier cakes of some sort. What size KA would be good. I will do a bread dough (kind of) for Jamaican Fried Dumplings on a weekly basis (which consists flour, water, baking powder, bicarb and salt) - it's a tough old dough, so would like to save my tired hands.

Reaction score

I've been the home cook for years, and decided to improve on my baking. I am looking to get a new mixer (KitchenAid has been recommended), but unsure which size. I bake cakes, cookies, pastries etc... usually large 3 tier cakes of some sort. What size KA would be good. I will do a bread dough (kind of) for Jamaican Fried Dumplings on a weekly basis (which consists flour, water, baking powder, bicarb and salt) - it's a tough old dough, so would like to save my tired hands.
take your pick, i prefer the 5 qt bowl because i can get attachments at any walmart.
prices being what they are I'd find one used on craigslist or facebook. $150 max.

Reaction score

Get 650 watt motor and stainless utensils. You're right--there are all kinds. I love mine but would like to throw beater etc in dishwasher. That being said, I prefer the lift style too. Good luck!

Reaction score
If you find yourself tight for money, then the Nutrimill Artist is good also, & it does a wonderful job with dough!! The big 6.5-qt bowl & the powerful mo09tor can plow though tough dough with ease!! :)
nutrimill-artiste-dough-mixer-1000 (1).jpg
:)

Ask a Question