Modeling Chocolate

Reaction score
so, i heard of this before but only now i realized what it is. molten chocolate and corn syrup right? i've read a about it in the past half an hour and am all excited.

but, this is the first time i'm hearing of corn syrup. i've seen lots of ways to make corn syrup because i never saw it available here (a LOT of things are not available here sadly) but i was wondering which is the best to use for this, to make modeling chocolate?

a few tips about modeling chocolate is also welcome heehee :3

-anya

Reaction score
I recently heard about modeling chocolate, but had no clue what it was. Thanks for sharing that it is melted chocolate and corn syrup. Do you work with it when it is hot or is it moldable when cold? I am interested now because people make decorations out of it.

Reaction score
I recently heard about modeling chocolate, but had no clue what it was. Thanks for sharing that it is melted chocolate and corn syrup. Do you work with it when it is hot or is it moldable when cold? I am interested now because people make decorations out of it.
ooh!

i've never used it. but i've read that after you've mixed it (made it) you leave it for about 18 to 24 hours. it would solidify then apparently but when you take it, it would soften due to the warmth of your hands so you're able to use it just as you would use modeling clay.

i found this really helpful:
http://www.craftsy.com/blog/2014/03/how-to-use-modeling-chocolate/

Reaction score
I was actually watching a video on how to make chocolate petals, so you can build your own chocolate roses :O I thought it was so awesome! I mean think about the possibilities girls! I might try this out one day and maybe give it as a gift to someone special. To me it sounds like the perfect mother's day gift ;)

Reaction score
Modeling chocolate is such a great option to replace fondant for many things! Simply because it tastes better :)
It really is just a mix of white chocolate and corn syrup combined over a double boiler and then left to cool at room temperature. Then you can use it like fondant. Only thing is it melts quickly in your hand compared to fondant so you gotta work quick.

Ask a Question