Moist Cake?

Reaction score
What is the best way to make a cake really melt in your mouth moist? I only get those results every so often and I wonder if there is a trick to getting them to be that way all the time. :)

Reaction score
I'm not that experience yet in baking and just "go with the flow". I found that when I add in more oil or butter then the cake comes out more moist. There are other ways to have you cake moist but I don't know since I am still learning!

Reaction score
What is the best way to make a cake really melt in your mouth moist? I only get those results every so often and I wonder if there is a trick to getting them to be that way all the time. :)

Olive oil will help your cakes get moist. Feel free to add some extra olive oil. For example, if the recipe calls for a teaspoon of oil, add an extra one. However, don't use canola or Wesson oil or any of those types of oil. Nothing works as well as olive oil does.

Reaction score
When I make a cake, I will add apple sauce to it and also separate the eggs and beat the whites until they are stiff and fold them in last. These two things really have made my cakes fluffy and moist.

Reaction score
I am always afraid of adding in extra things that are not in my recipes because that is what causes my baking disasters but knowing I just have to add a little extra is helpful! :)

Lacey, how much applesauce do you add and do you use unsweetened? I would have never thought to use that!

Thanks for the suggestions! I will definitely be trying them. :D

Reaction score
I don't bake to make health food so I always put in extra butter to make cakes more moist. If I'm going to eat something healthy, I would rather just eat an apple than try to make diet cake.

Reaction score
The simplest way to bake a moist cake is to add extra oil. So, for example, if your recipe calls for a 1/4 up of oil, add in an extra tablespoon. Don't add too much or your cake will come out gummy.

Reaction score
My grandmother always replaced the oil with applesauce. Her cakes were incredibly moist! She always made the BEST chocolate cake, and she always put applesauce in it.

Ask a Question