Most Decadent Cake

Reaction score
What is the most decadent cake you've ever had? Did you make it? If not, would you try?

Reaction score
I think "my" Triple Layer Brownie cake would take the prize for me. It's a recipe I got years ago from Taste of Home magazine. It has something like four eggs, a bunch of butter, 2 cups of sugar, etc., etc. When I serve it people eat just a small piece (I can eat a BIG piece, I'm sorry to say!) I tell people "If you have to ask what's in it, you shouldn't eat it." because it has loads of fat and calories. But, oh, is it delicious!!! The recipe calls for a cooked frosting, which is delicious, but takes quite a while to create, since it needs refrigeration during the process. I usually just top it with chocolate butter-cream frosting and it's every bit as yummy!

Reaction score
ACSAPA I'm glad you shared that link. I would love to make that cake too. It has two different chocolates in it, and lots of heavy cream. This sounds like my kind of cake. I used to think it was too much to add things like condensed milk, heavy cream, 4 large eggs, but I love a rich cake. I ensure though that I don't eat cakes like that all the time though.

Reaction score
Wow. Those are both deliciously decadent and delightful recipes. I'm getting a sugar headache just reading about them! Babble, I love your "if you don't ask you don't want to know" response. I'll have to remember that :D

Notice they are all chocolate? What a surprise (not). I have a recipe too that's very rich and chocolaty. I don't know if I'd say its decadent, but it will get your blood sugar up. It's not an online recipe, so I'll have to find it and post it.

Reaction score
I used to make a chocolate devils food cake filled with chocolate mouse and ganache. It also had three types of chocolate chips and was topped off whit a dark chocolate butter cream frosting . This cake was a fan favorite , however I have stopped making it because it is not waist line friendly.

Ask a Question