Most unusual cake you have made

Reaction score
Thanks to the internet you can find all sorts of cake recipes with a simple Google search. Have you ever found a recipe that was highly unusual? Whatkind of cake was it? I never ended up making it, but the most interesting one I found was an apple spice cake with maple bacon frosting.

Reaction score
I create my own recipes. Like cake sculpting, baking, and even cooking.......I was born with the talents. I never went to school for any of what I know how to do. Included in all these talents was one for creating recipes right out of my head.

What I usually do though, is take a basic recipe for something and change it up some to fit my purposes.

The most unusual cake I've ever done was what I call a "Sin" cake.

Chocolate Fudge Brownie cake with whipped chocolate fudge raspberry filling, and whipped chocolate fudge frosting. There were two ladies I worked with at the time, and both of their birthdays were in the same month, so I made this cake for them.

First time in my life I ever saw two people FIGHTING over my cake!!!! They finally came to the conclusion that one of them liked the cake better, and the other one liked the whipped frosting better. LMAO

Reaction score
Well, the weirdest cake recipe I saw it here o_O It was a chocolate cake with ketchup. I am very daring, I even feel like trying the mayo tip, but ketchup? That sounds like too much! What is the ketchup supposed to do? Make it taste like a spice cake or something (if I recall right someone said so in the original post - can't remember right now). I'd never try this one, but I have already tried adding mayo instead of oil ;) Fabulous!

Reaction score
I create my own recipes. Like cake sculpting, baking, and even cooking.......I was born with the talents. I never went to school for any of what I know how to do. Included in all these talents was one for creating recipes right out of my head.

What I usually do though, is take a basic recipe for something and change it up some to fit my purposes.

The most unusual cake I've ever done was what I call a "Sin" cake.

Chocolate Fudge Brownie cake with whipped chocolate fudge raspberry filling, and whipped chocolate fudge frosting. There were two ladies I worked with at the time, and both of their birthdays were in the same month, so I made this cake for them.

First time in my life I ever saw two people FIGHTING over my cake!!!! They finally came to the conclusion that one of them liked the cake better, and the other one liked the whipped frosting better. LMAO

I would be fighting over that too! It sounds incredible - and you sound like the best kind of work colleague to have! One that brings in delicious cake!!

Ask a Question