Mousse not thick

Discussion in 'Decorating' started by meganlongstaff, Jul 12, 2019.

1. meganlongstaff

meganlongstaff New Member

Hi! I am making a chocolate mousse for a cake filling and once I added the chocolate to the whipped cream and sugar it lost the stiff peaks. I tried whipping it again thinking it wasn't whipped enough before but that made it even softer. How can I salvage it? Right now it is in the freezer.

meganlongstaff, Jul 12, 2019
    1. Advertisements

2. meganlongstaff

Norcalbaker59 Well-Known Member

Im
    I’m afraid there’s no salvaging it. Whipped cream mousse is difficult to make. You have to make sure the whipped cream is very cold. Freeze the bowl and the beaters and really chill your heavy cream. Do not over beat your heavy cream.

And it’s important that you gently fold about 25% of the whipped cream into the base first to loosen it up Then gently fold in the rest of whipped cream in two or three additions so it doesn’t deflate. But if it deflates there’s nothing you can do re-aerate it.

Norcalbaker59, Jul 12, 2019
    1. Advertisements

3. meganlongstaff

meganlongstaff New Member

Thanks for the response se! I'm in Arizona so keeping it cool was impossible. It is good information though and I'll be sure to write it down for future attempts.

Thanks again!

meganlongstaff, Jul 12, 2019
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question