Muffin conversion

Reaction score
I have a recipe for full size muffins and I wanted to try it out using Mini muffins. I'm assuming as a novice Baker, that the batter and ingredients are the same. My concern comes with the temperature of the oven and the amount of time required. This recipe calls for 15 to 20 minutes in an oven of 375゚. Any help would be appreciated.

Reaction score
I have a recipe for full size muffins and I wanted to try it out using Mini muffins. I'm assuming as a novice Baker, that the batter and ingredients are the same. My concern comes with the temperature of the oven and the amount of time required. This recipe calls for 15 to 20 minutes in an oven of 375゚. Any help would be appreciated.

Welcome Hillary, I would reduce the temperature to 350°F. If you’re muffin tin is treated metal (nonstick) or dark metal I would even consider lowering the temperature to about 330°F. Dark metal transfers heat much more intensely; all that heat will create a very dry and chewy crust.

Start checking for doneness. at about 12 minutes.

Ask a Question