Perfecting Blueberry Muffins in New Oven

Reaction score
I'm a baker at a small independent coffee shop and we are know for our blueberry muffins, but ever since we got a new oven they aren't turning out right. Can anyone help me find a solution ?

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

We're going to need a little more info to go on here... what are the issues with the muffins? What is the difference between the old oven and the new one?

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

We're going to need a little more info to go on here... what are the issues with the muffins? What is the difference between the old oven and the new one?
The muffins themselves are fine it's the strussel on top that is drying out and cracking. The old oven is an electric convection oven 220v and the new oven is a gas convection oven 54,000 btu.

Reaction score
I was going to say a calibration issue? Maybe that isn't the case since it is a commercial oven? I know I had problems with my oven before where the inside of the baked goods was raw but the outside was cooked perfectly. I had to have someone come over and calibrate the oven. I don't know if this was helpful - sorry. :)

Welcome to the forum and I hope you get it figured out!

Reaction score
I was going to say a calibration issue? Maybe that isn't the case since it is a commercial oven? I know I had problems with my oven before where the inside of the baked goods was raw but the outside was cooked perfectly. I had to have someone come over and calibrate the oven. I don't know if this was helpful - sorry. :)

Welcome to the forum and I hope you get it figured out!
Thankyou that may very well be the issue. I'll look into it.

Reaction score
There's your issue.....gas. Gas ovens bake hotter than electric ones.

Try either adding a touch of butter or oil to the topping mixture, or lowering the oven temperature a bit.

You will have to experiment with your new oven to see how it bakes on different items now.

You might also try putting a pan of water on the bottom rack when baking these muffins....hopefully it will help keep the topping mixture from drying out too much. I would suggest a 9x13 pan 3/4 full of water.

Ask a Question