Mug Cakes

Reaction score
Are any of you familiar with the term "mug cake?" I have read many different articles online that have recipes saying you can make cakes in a mug in the microwave. These are suppose to be individual cakes that you can bake using only the microwave. I had never heard of this before! I also have never tried it. I found this recipe that is super quick and easy. http://www.duncanhines.com/recipes/cakes/patti40/3-2-1-microwave-cake/
I am going to try it out this weekend. I'll let you know my results! In the meantime, what do you know about mug cakes? Have you ever tried to make one?

Reaction score
I have tried mug cakes! My first time was a big BIG failure and I've made a pomegranate one that was lovely. I did mess it up one time after the first and had scrambled eggs. I do recommend doing those separate. You can mix everything in the cup, mix the egg separately, then mix it into the other stuff inside the mug.

Reaction score
I made them with my daughter and her cousin once, they were very easy and it was a lot of fun. The recipe that we used was angel food cake and a regular cake mix and a couple of teaspoons of water and we microwaved them. They were pretty good with fruit and whipped cream on them. It was a pretty fun activity for the kids.

Ask a Question