Multiple Fails on a Cheesecake Recipe

Reaction score
So I've made cheesecakes before and they have all come out beautifully but there is this one cheesecake recipe that does not work for me. I've put the ingredient together correctly without over mixing them and I've cooked it according to the directions. The directions say to cook the cheesecake on 350F. After cooking it for one hour you're suppose to turn off the oven and let it cool for 5-6 hours with the door closed. Each time I did this the cake came out uncooked in the center. I cooked it in the right size pan too. Am I doing something wrong? Someone please help!

Reaction score
That's a strange one. I've never heard of a recipe calling for the cake to be left in the oven before, and for such a long time too. Where did you get the recipe? On the off-chance that it's a misprint, maybe it means that it should be left to chill in the refrigerator for 5-6hrs?

Reaction score
The recipe came from allrecipes.com and it does say leave it in the cooling down oven so that it will finish cooking but it just doesn't work for me. I think I might just stick to the normal way I cook mine and leave this one alone. It tastes good but it's just too much trouble.

Reaction score
I have heard of recipes that call for the cake to be left in the oven, but not for 5-6 hours. Sometimes the comments and reviews of allrecipes have some very helpful advice and tweaks.

Reaction score
I have never heard of leaving a cake in the oven that long either. I would recommend that you find a new recipe...that one seems a bit strange.

Reaction score
I have one New York Cheesecake recipe from Southern Living that calls for being left in the oven for EIGHT hours after baking. I've made it several times with no issue, but I use a water bath method.

Sounds like the particular recipe you've been tackling might just be a dud though. What a pain!

Ask a Question