Mushrooms and marzipan.

Reaction score
I was always told by my mother since I was a child never to eat mushrooms and marzipan within 24 hours of each other. She has never to this day told me why apart from it was what her own mother used to say. Today, i've eaten marzipan and mushrooms within a few hours without realising. Does anyone know why you're not meant to or if this is actually true? Probably an old wives tale. But I don't want get ill! Haha.

Reaction score
I've never heard that one before! I can't see that they would interact badly, so I think you'll be safe ;)

It's always interesting hearing about the origins of old wives tales - I wonder what this one is based on? Perhaps both were considered to be rich foods in the past so having both in a short space of time would be an overindulgence!

Reaction score
Haha, i'm still ok so far!

And same, I have no idea... I've tried looking it up online and I can't seem to find anything either.

Ask a Question