My freezer is stocked!

Reaction score
The last couple of days I have been on a baking frenzy at home and stocked my freezer with some sweet treats. I have not baked in a while and the mood struck me finally. I made 2 loaves of banana bread, some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, and some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. Do any of you ever go on a baking frenzy? What do you make when this mood hits you?

Reaction score
Yes, but usually that baking frenzy involves pies :) I haven't baked in a bit, but lately i've felt like really baking some brownies :D I might this weekend, we will see. I'm watching what I eat so this comes in conflict with that, but life is too short ;) By the way, glad to hear you are doing better :)

Reaction score
I have, but my motivation was to save electricity by doing it all at once, one pan after another till done. I was eating a lot of corn bread for s while and I used to bake a months supply at a time so I only had to turn the oven up that hot once a month.

Reaction score
Yes. I have a full freezer as well.
I am trying hard to not bake too much in one go because it hurts my back, it exhausts me and also prevents me from being able to make more bread.

So over the last few days I have been making a fridge proofed garlic bread to go with tonight's evening soup. That is in the oven as I type. It is going to be interesting because it is the first time I have made this recipe and I resisted the urge to make the dough just that little more firm. Keeping the dough moist gives a really nice moist sourdough which this one needs because it has had 18 hours in the fridge, but it has also meant that it is too moist to hold its own shape and the only long thin dish I had that I could cook it in was a pyrex lid to a lasagne bowl! Its going to be interesting, but on the bright side I will be able to see the colour of the bottom of the bread without having to lift the bread up!

Also on cooked are 2 batches of chocolate chip scones but with a slight twist. One is 25:75 spelt:white flour and the other is 30:50 wholemeal:white flour and the wholemeal is very wholemeal!

Then there are another 2 starters for the sourdough on the go. 1 is a 500g culture for another really long fridge proofing of 36 hours, so I won't be baking that loaf of bread until Sunday (which keeps my OH happy because we will have eaten the one that is already out and probably started another from the freezer by then).
The 2nd culture on the go is a total experiment. If it works, we will have sourdough pancakes for lunch tomorrow. If it fails, well I have wasted 250g of flour, nothing more.

Ask a Question