My latest and grossest birthday cake

Reaction score
I made my oldest a pigs in the mud cake for his birthday,
547499_4774077798955_677044043_n.jpg

I am making my other son a Mine craft cake for his birthday in June. You can watch the video of how to make it here:

But my middle son is more complicated. His interests are too complicated for any cake I could make so since he loves cats, I made this cake:
1288126162_kitty-litter.jpg

It turned out wonderful! You can find the recipe here: http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/kitty-litter-cake-for-halloween. My camera was broken at the time but mine looked just as gross :)

Reaction score
Haha those are great! Thanks for sharing. I don't know about the kitty litter one though, I don't see myself being able to eat it even if I kept telling myself that it's cake. My sister made a construction site one for my 3 year old nephew, I will forward her these ideas for his next birthday.

Reaction score
Yeah, I just don't think I could stomach that. Kids love grossing each other out though! (Don't worry everybody, they're warmed up Tootsie Rolls!)

Reaction score
OMG, the kitty-litter cake is hilarious! Great job on those. :) I hope the "middle son" old enough to not be encouraged to try the real thing, though.

Reaction score
The kitty-litter cake looks almost real there, I might have a hard time eating it also. I love it though, and it is so creative! I want to give the mine craft one a try too. I have 4 boys, so thanks for the wonderful pictures. I love them. My son's birthday is coming up, but I'm going to try out the rocket cake idea this time that I was lucky enough to be shown on another thread. Great cakes!

Reaction score
I have found that the kitty litter cake can divide a room half will think it is cool and dig in the other half will be grossed out , not eat it but still are impressed with it.

The middle son is 14 so he was not tempted to eat out of a litter box(I hope)

Reaction score
ewww Kitty-litter cake...I can't really bring myself to chomp down on those. Haha. Anyway I think it will be fun to have a cake like pigs in a mud (not so much gross and I think it is cute) for the kids. I will sure hear some giggle from them!:) Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
These cakes are wonderful and creative! I adore the first cake with the little piggies! They're so cute! Also, props for doing a Minecraft cake. You can take it to the next level and create multiple cakes....then use those cakes to create a building (I kid)!

Reaction score
I made my oldest a pigs in the mud cake for his birthday,
547499_4774077798955_677044043_n.jpg

I am making my other son a Mine craft cake for his birthday in June. You can watch the video of how to make it here:

But my middle son is more complicated. His interests are too complicated for any cake I could make so since he loves cats, I made this cake:
1288126162_kitty-litter.jpg

It turned out wonderful! You can find the recipe here: http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/kitty-litter-cake-for-halloween. My camera was broken at the time but mine looked just as gross :)

I would have to say that is the grossest cake I have ever seen, I don't think I would be able to do that one, but it is kinda of funny to have at a halloween party I guess, I know those are tootsie rolls, but my eyes have a hard time convincing my stomach, lol!!

Reaction score
Not only do I think the kitty litter cake is hilarious, but I think it's really sweet that you carefully considered your 14 year old's complicated tastes and thought about a unique cake for him. You sound like a cool mom.

Reaction score
Oh wow I have seen a lot of people do a lot of different things but I have never seen someone do a litter box. I have seen someone make a giant pile of poo before but never a litter box. Good job and you have a great imagination. That is definitely and eye catching cake.

Reaction score
That kitty litter one is a trip! Ekkk... I guess your son doesn't mind being grossed out, but that is amazing that you were able to make that cake so lifelike!

Reaction score
You have to be the mother of all quirky cake makers! That kitty-litter one is a trip but so unique.

Reaction score
What original and creative cake ideas. I am hunting an usual cake for my daughter in laws birthday coming up. My plan is to cause riotous laughter as well as a yummy treat.

Reaction score
That kitty litter cake looks like a real cat litter box. Not sure I could eat it. All great ideas though.

Reaction score
I love the Kitty litter cake. I remember my friend in Philadelphia sending me a photo of hers that she had made last year. It looks gross inthe photo but she said it tasted really very nice. I haven't gotten around to making one yet. I like the pugs in mud as well. Those kit kats around the edge are yummy. I need a choclate fix now:)

Reaction score
Not only do I think the kitty litter cake is hilarious, but I think it's really sweet that you carefully considered your 14 year old's complicated tastes and thought about a unique cake for him. You sound like a cool mom.
I agree! That was incredibly sweet of you to really think about your kids likes and interests and bake them a cake special to them and for them. Knowing that you put the time, thought and energy into making a cake special for them is just as cool as the cakes you have created. Great job on the cakes! Very creative and unique! :)

Reaction score
Oh my goodness haha, I thought you had uploaded the wrong picture there for a second! Very... original. I would definitely try a slice! I love the Minecraft cake idea too, I've watched that video before and reeeaaaallly want to make it. I don't think I'm THAT skilled in the kitchen yet though.

Great job on the inventive cake!

Reaction score
I love cakes and frosting that look like other things. Tapping into your kid's love of the gross-out factor is a nice idea for something out of the ordinary. Even something as eating "worms and dirt" is a fun, easy idea that can be made into an entire cake or individual cups.
dirt-cake.jpg

For a Halloween Party you can also try to made a Brain Cake, which is red velvet or strawberry and delicious on the inside, but looks super gross on the outside!
brains 2.jpg

This is what it looks like half-frosted, before the "blood"
brain cake.jpg

Ask a Question