My latest and grossest birthday cake

Discussion in 'Cakes' started by jennywren, May 27, 2013.

1. jennywren

jennywren Well-Known Member

I made my oldest a pigs in the mud cake for his birthday,
    [​IMG]
    I am making my other son a Mine craft cake for his birthday in June. You can watch the video of how to make it here:

But my middle son is more complicated. His interests are too complicated for any cake I could make so since he loves cats, I made this cake:
    [​IMG]
    It turned out wonderful! You can find the recipe here: http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/kitty-litter-cake-for-halloween. My camera was broken at the time but mine looked just as gross :)

jennywren, May 27, 2013
    smlewis00 and Becky like this.
    1. Advertisements

2. jennywren

Ohyesuare Member

Haha those are great! Thanks for sharing. I don't know about the kitty litter one though, I don't see myself being able to eat it even if I kept telling myself that it's cake. My sister made a construction site one for my 3 year old nephew, I will forward her these ideas for his next birthday.

Ohyesuare, Jun 6, 2013
    1. Advertisements

3. jennywren

Soliloquy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I just don't think I could stomach that. Kids love grossing each other out though! (Don't worry everybody, they're warmed up Tootsie Rolls!)

Soliloquy, Jun 8, 2013
    smlewis00 likes this.
  4. jennywren

limcid Well-Known Member

OMG, the kitty-litter cake is hilarious! Great job on those. :) I hope the "middle son" old enough to not be encouraged to try the real thing, though.

limcid, Jun 9, 2013
    smlewis00 likes this.
  5. jennywren

brittany Well-Known Member

The kitty-litter cake looks almost real there, I might have a hard time eating it also. I love it though, and it is so creative! I want to give the mine craft one a try too. I have 4 boys, so thanks for the wonderful pictures. I love them. My son's birthday is coming up, but I'm going to try out the rocket cake idea this time that I was lucky enough to be shown on another thread. Great cakes!

brittany, Jun 10, 2013
    smlewis00 likes this.
  6. jennywren

jennywren Well-Known Member

I have found that the kitty litter cake can divide a room half will think it is cool and dig in the other half will be grossed out , not eat it but still are impressed with it.

The middle son is 14 so he was not tempted to eat out of a litter box(I hope)

jennywren, Jun 14, 2013
    smlewis00 likes this.
  7. jennywren

jeanne90 Active Member

ewww Kitty-litter cake...I can't really bring myself to chomp down on those. Haha. Anyway I think it will be fun to have a cake like pigs in a mud (not so much gross and I think it is cute) for the kids. I will sure hear some giggle from them!:) Thanks for sharing!

jeanne90, Jun 15, 2013
  8. jennywren

lianymode Active Member

These cakes are wonderful and creative! I adore the first cake with the little piggies! They're so cute! Also, props for doing a Minecraft cake. You can take it to the next level and create multiple cakes....then use those cakes to create a building (I kid)!

lianymode, Jun 15, 2013
  9. jennywren

Dorothy Well-Known Member

I would have to say that is the grossest cake I have ever seen, I don't think I would be able to do that one, but it is kinda of funny to have at a halloween party I guess, I know those are tootsie rolls, but my eyes have a hard time convincing my stomach, lol!!

Dorothy, Jun 15, 2013
  10. jennywren

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Not only do I think the kitty litter cake is hilarious, but I think it's really sweet that you carefully considered your 14 year old's complicated tastes and thought about a unique cake for him. You sound like a cool mom.

ACSAPA, Jun 15, 2013
    smlewis00 likes this.
  11. jennywren

LoveMonkey Member

Oh wow I have seen a lot of people do a lot of different things but I have never seen someone do a litter box. I have seen someone make a giant pile of poo before but never a litter box. Good job and you have a great imagination. That is definitely and eye catching cake.

LoveMonkey, Jul 6, 2013
  12. jennywren

Mayvin Well-Known Member

That kitty litter one is a trip! Ekkk... I guess your son doesn't mind being grossed out, but that is amazing that you were able to make that cake so lifelike!

Mayvin, Jul 9, 2013
  13. jennywren

biscuiteer Active Member

Ha ha, wow. That's funny, though I'd be too scared to eat it.

biscuiteer, Jul 9, 2013
  14. jennywren

Mayvin Well-Known Member

You have to be the mother of all quirky cake makers! That kitty-litter one is a trip but so unique.

Mayvin, Aug 8, 2013
  15. jennywren

LadyLuck7 Well-Known Member

What original and creative cake ideas. I am hunting an usual cake for my daughter in laws birthday coming up. My plan is to cause riotous laughter as well as a yummy treat.

LadyLuck7, Aug 8, 2013
  16. jennywren

Shellyann36 Well-Known Member

That kitty litter cake looks like a real cat litter box. Not sure I could eat it. All great ideas though.

Shellyann36, Aug 9, 2013
    Zyni likes this.
  17. jennywren

Samantha Hill Well-Known Member

I love the Kitty litter cake. I remember my friend in Philadelphia sending me a photo of hers that she had made last year. It looks gross inthe photo but she said it tasted really very nice. I haven't gotten around to making one yet. I like the pugs in mud as well. Those kit kats around the edge are yummy. I need a choclate fix now:)

Samantha Hill, Aug 14, 2013
  18. jennywren

smlewis00 Well-Known Member

I agree! That was incredibly sweet of you to really think about your kids likes and interests and bake them a cake special to them and for them. Knowing that you put the time, thought and energy into making a cake special for them is just as cool as the cakes you have created. Great job on the cakes! Very creative and unique! :)

smlewis00, Feb 12, 2014
  19. jennywren

Caffajake Member

Oh my goodness haha, I thought you had uploaded the wrong picture there for a second! Very... original. I would definitely try a slice! I love the Minecraft cake idea too, I've watched that video before and reeeaaaallly want to make it. I don't think I'm THAT skilled in the kitchen yet though.

Great job on the inventive cake!

Caffajake, Feb 21, 2014
  20. jennywren

SmartPea85 Well-Known Member

I love cakes and frosting that look like other things. Tapping into your kid's love of the gross-out factor is a nice idea for something out of the ordinary. Even something as eating "worms and dirt" is a fun, easy idea that can be made into an entire cake or individual cups.
    dirt-cake.jpg
    For a Halloween Party you can also try to made a Brain Cake, which is red velvet or strawberry and delicious on the inside, but looks super gross on the outside!
    brains 2.jpg
    This is what it looks like half-frosted, before the "blood"
    brain cake.jpg

SmartPea85, Feb 24, 2014
    JGPangi likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question