Help me find a recipe for old-fashioned honey-peanut cookies

Reaction score
I'm looking for a recipe for a type of cookie I haven't seen for a long time, I'm pretty sure it's old fashioned because my great great aunt used to have them when I was little and I'm like, kinda old. So.

It's a hard cookie with mild honey and peanut flavor and has halved peanuts on top and a shiny glaze. We used to find them in central Jersey back in the early 90's in the Deli around the corner from that great aunt's house, which I'd guess may have been in a Polish neighborhood, but I don't know that for sure.

Reaction score
My husband comes from a half Polish family and his granny used to make these Christmas cookies that sound a little like this...they're called Pierniczki. Not sure if they're what you're talking about - I might be totally off the radar, but they have a glaze that uses almond extract, I believe, which might be the nuttiness you tasted. I don't have my husband's grandmothers exact recipe, but I googled one for you:

http://www.polskafoods.com/polish-recipes/honey-spice-cookies-pierniki

Reaction score
That really sounds familiar to me.

If I remember right, I think there was a cookie like that I ran into when I was younger.
It was a hard peanut cookie with a shiny glaze on top with peanut halves on top as well.
I'm not big on peanuts, but I do like peanut cookies, and this one tasted like what you described.

I think it was a hard peanut cookie with a honey glaze and peanuts on top.

I have no clue what it is called though.

I've looked online and don't find anything.
The closest thing I can find are two separate recipes.....one for crisp peanutbutter cookies with peanuts in them, and one for honey glaze.

I would think it might be a form of European or Polish cookie, as they usually use glazes on cookies.

If you find out what it is, let us know!

Ask a Question