Need a use for poppy seed filling

Reaction score
Having made mohn-filled hamantaschen, I now have about 500 grams of poppy seed filling left over.

I'd like a few ways that use them that deemphasize their sweetness--5hus the posting to the bread forum. I'm thinking maybe a yeasted, mildly enriched bread or roll--something closer to a challah than to a brioche, with more of a chew. Maybe a kolace or a makowiec? The existing honey/sugar in the filling is more than enough for me, so I want the bread to be at most nominally sweet--I'm not big on desserts, which means not something rich.

Reaction score
Having made mohn-filled hamantaschen, I now have about 500 grams of poppy seed filling left over.

I'd like a few ways that use them that deemphasize their sweetness--5hus the posting to the bread forum. I'm thinking maybe a yeasted, mildly enriched bread or roll--something closer to a challah than to a brioche, with more of a chew. Maybe a kolace or a makowiec? The existing honey/sugar in the filling is more than enough for me, so I want the bread to be at most nominally sweet--I'm not big on desserts, which means not something rich.

A kolache is probably your best bet. Tori Avey a Jewish food blogger has a recipe.

Ask a Question