Need Equipment Advice

JAM

Reaction score
I'm needing to buy a general purpose commercial mixer to place an old Hobart 20qt that's on its last leg. Can't afford a new Hobart, or even a used refurbished one. How are the Kitchen Monkey mixers, or the other less expensive brands? I know I'm short changing some quality, so I've decided to get a 30qt size mixer instead that could insure me more of a load buffer. Does anyone have any experience with brands that are decent or ones I definitely need to stay away from? Thx everyone.

Reaction score
I'm needing to buy a general purpose commercial mixer to place an old Hobart 20qt that's on its last leg. Can't afford a new Hobart, or even a used refurbished one. How are the Kitchen Monkey mixers, or the other less expensive brands? I know I'm short changing some quality, so I've decided to get a 30qt size mixer instead that could insure me more of a load buffer. Does anyone have any experience with brands that are decent or ones I definitely need to stay away from? Thx everyone.

Trust me there are Hobarts out there that are older than god that are still running.

but since you want to upgrade to a larger mixer what you should do is contact the equipment suppliers in your area. A lot of them will do a trade-ins. Call them and find out what lines they carry. Talk to them about trade-ins. Do some research on the lines that they carry. That’ll machine you have has value in it. Get something out of it.

Reaction score

Theres no shortage of 30qt Hobarts on ebay, prices start at $1300.
I had a 20 qt completely redone for a few hundred in Boston yrs ago , they stripped and rewound the motor etc.

JAM

Reaction score
Theres no shortage of 30qt Hobarts on ebay, prices start at $1300.
I had a 20 qt completely redone for a few hundred in Boston yrs ago , they stripped and rewound the motor etc.

That's great. I'm having a hard time finding a reputable service that completely refurbishes these.

Reaction score
That's great. I'm having a hard time finding a reputable service that completely refurbishes these.

The equipment resellers know who to call, talk to some of those guy, not the ones in the showroom, the guys who drive the delivery trucks.
Or look for businesses that rewind motors, they almost certainly do the repair work for the equipment resellers in your area.
They'll probably repaint it too.

Ask a Question