Help finding honey crunch for cookie recipe

Reaction score
I recently happened to taste a chocolate bar that had tiny crunchy honey crystals mixed in, which made me think something like that would be perfect to add to the honey cookies I'm trying to come up with. Unfortunately my sister threw out the chocolate bar wrapper before I thought to ask the name, and neither of us can remember. I tried searching for "honey crystals" and kept coming up with honey granules, and bought a pack. They don't look or behave like the honey crystals in the chocolate bar, though, so I'm thinking maybe they made some kind of honey candy for it. But, each piece was so tiny and melt-in-your-mouth I'm finding it hard to believe it was crushed-up hard candy. So, has anyone come across small, sparkly honey-flavored sugar or crystals or something in your travels around the web? Could it have been a crushed-up "cinder toffee" (thanks to Becky for introducing me to the concept, because I don't believe we really have that here in the U.S.) made with honey? Any ideas welcome :)

Reaction score
Hmmm that's a tricky one. You could try making honeycomb and smash it into small pieces, but I don't think you can make it entirely using honey. Here's a recipe that incorporates some:

http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/25583/homemade+honeycomb

Might be worth a try, although maybe as something sprinkled on top of the cookies as it might dissolve during the baking process.

Reaction score
ACSAPA, that just might be it. My sister thought the brand name started with a B, but said the wrapper is the correct one. So I will definitely have to try caramelizing some honey!

Ask a Question