Perfecting Cookies and Cream Lava Cakes

Reaction score
So, my girlfriend and I are trying to make a variant of lava cakes that is cookies and cream based. What I'm thinking about doing is making a white chocolate ganache and make it taste like Oreo filling, and making a dark chocolate brownie instead of cake because to me an Oreo cookie tastes like a brownie crisp. This is both of our first times with lava cakes, and I cannot find a recipe of exactly what I'm trying to make; instead I have to adapt several recipes from Binging with Babish as well as one for homemade Oreo filling as a reference (all at bottom) to get any sort of an idea for it. Mainly I have two questions, the first one about the brownie itself and the second one about the Ganache.

First, what kind of brownie would be better for this or is it just down to preference? I cannot decide between a lighter cake-like brownie or a denser chewier brownie, the latter I would prefer but I'm not sure if the end result would bake the same. Does the density of the batter affect the end result of a lava cake?

Second, I'm looking to make a white chocolate ganache that tastes like Oreo filling. I first thought just adding the actual filling to the ganache, then I was thinking it might affect how it freezes/melts too much to make good lava cake. After research into homemade Oreo filling recipes and what not, I'm thinking adding a combination of granulated sugar, powdered sugar, and vanilla will give it the sugary somewhat powdery taste of the filling, but does anyone know more about ganache than I do and can maybe help with a ratio?

Any insight whatsoever would be helpful!

Babish Lava Cakes:
Babish Brownies:
Oreo Filling: https://sewlicioushomedecor.com/oreo-cream-filling-nabisco-recipe/

Reaction score
For anyone thinking about helping here are the recipe variations I came up with from these sources:

Chewy Brownies:
  • 9-10oz 85% dark chocolate
  • 4oz unsalted butter
  • 1/2cup + 2Tbsp vegetable oil
  • 4 large eggs + 2 egg yolks
  • 1/2cup brown sugar
  • 1tsp vanilla extract
  • 6-7Tbsp bread flour
  • 1-2Tbsp Oreo Crumbs
  • 1 1/2tsp instant coffee powder(i don't have espresso powder)
Directions the same as in the lava cake video except I plan on using more Oreo crumbs in the ramekins instead of the raw sugar.

White Chocolate Ganache:
  • 4oz White Chocolate
  • 1oz Heavy Whipping Cream
  • ~1Tbsp Powdered Sugar
  • ~1tsp 3:1 Simple Syrup in the cream
  • ~1-2tsp vanilla extract
The goal is a truffle consistency that tastes like Oreo filling. I'm not sure but I think the sugar will change the consistency, which I already know from research doesn't really work at too low of a ratio. So rather than a 3:1 white chocolate ganache I'm aiming for a 4:1.

Oreo Whipped Cream:
  • However much Oreo filling is in an entire pack of Oreos
  • However much Heavy Whipping Cream is needed to make it into Whipped Cream
Basically just a topping I want to make with the leftover filling from the Oreos. Not sure if the presence of the shortening in the filling will affect the way it turns into whipped cream, but if someone knows please let me know.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure why nobody bothered to respond? The specific dish might not be that common but my questions are fairly straightforward. Deleting what I can and unwatching this post. This forum was a waste of time tbh.

Ask a Question