Need Help with Coloring Cakesicles

Reaction score
I am making 36 cakesicles tomorrow. I ordered powdered food coloring but it does not look as tho it is going to arrive in time. There is not a place within 100 miles of me that carries oil based food color. What do I do? I can't find candy melts that are already colored either. Can I add a little veg oil to a gel color and use that? Natural colors aren't available to me either.this is for a five ur olds bday and I just can't bare to screw this up.

Reaction score
No I do not have time to order anything. I have checked every bakery supply and hobby store in a 30 mile radius and no one carries in of these products.

Reaction score
No I do not have time to order anything. I have checked every bakery supply and hobby store in a 30 mile radius and no one carries in of these products.
Flo coat is the only thing I know that will reliably work. But that’s not to say you can’t mix some food coloring in the candy melts. Do you have enough to do a small test batch? Try mix gel color straight in. If it looks like it’s seizing, then mix in shortening like you normally would to thin it out

Reaction score
call some local cake & bakeries and chocolate shops in your area. Ask if they have any flo coat that they’re willing to sell you. Explain your predicament with the mail situation. the Baking community is a pretty tightknit community. And with Covid people are really willing to help each other out. and ask if maybe they have some powder food coloring as an alternative.

Ask a Question