Help recreating crisp and crunchy cookies at home

Reaction score
Hello! I'm looking to see if anyone can help me figure out a recipe for these cookies. I'd like to make them at home instead of purchasing them at the store.

Here are the ingredients on the box:
INGREDIENTS
wheat flour, sugar, shortening (palm oil, rapeseed oil, coconut oil), vegetable oil, whole milk powder, wheat germ, cocoa powder, malt extract, glucose, salt, unsweetened chocolate, whey powder, coffee, sodium bicarbonate, ammonium bicarbonate, potassium acid tartrate, soy lecithin, monoglycers, annato extract, artificial and natural flavor.

They are very crisp and crunchy and snaps in half with a beautiful sound (can you tell I absolutely love these?)

Would love your suggestions

Attachments

• Bourbon-Chocolate-and-Coffee-Biscuits-1018x72_b872bd0a-00c3-4fd8-8c7e-fb58a406152f_1024x1024.jpg
    Bourbon-Chocolate-and-Coffee-Biscuits-1018x72_b872bd0a-00c3-4fd8-8c7e-fb58a406152f_1024x1024.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 330
Reaction score
Hello! I'm looking to see if anyone can help me figure out a recipe for these cookies. I'd like to make them at home instead of purchasing them at the store.

Here are the ingredients on the box:
INGREDIENTS
wheat flour, sugar, shortening (palm oil, rapeseed oil, coconut oil), vegetable oil, whole milk powder, wheat germ, cocoa powder, malt extract, glucose, salt, unsweetened chocolate, whey powder, coffee, sodium bicarbonate, ammonium bicarbonate, potassium acid tartrate, soy lecithin, monoglycers, annato extract, artificial and natural flavor.

They are very crisp and crunchy and snaps in half with a beautiful sound (can you tell I absolutely love these?)

Would love your suggestions

You can’t reproduce it at home because you cannot get the shortening and emulsifiers (soy lecithin and monoglycers). The type of shortening used in commercial baking is high ratio, it not the same sold in grocery stores.

Reaction score
You can’t reproduce it at home because you cannot get the shortening and emulsifiers (soy lecithin and monoglycers). The type of shortening used in commercial baking is high ratio, it not the same sold in grocery stores.

Oh, I completely understand that I won't be able to make it taste exactly the same. I'm just looking for a recipe I can try

Reaction score
Oh, I completely understand that I won't be able to make it taste exactly the same. I'm just looking for a recipe I can try

What does the cookie part of it taste like? Does it have any kind of a cinnamon type flavor to it? If not can you describe the flavor of the cookie part?

Ask a Question