Need ideas for 6 kids

Reaction score
My best friend will be staying with me this weekend and between the 2 of us, there will be 6 kids roaming my house. I need some ideas for snacks to bake that will accommodate that many kids. The snacks can be either savory or sweet treat, I just need some ideas. Thanks everyone!

Reaction score
I think natural popcorn is always a good one - I've flavored it for kids before to make it either sweet or savory! This particular link has a good mix of flavors that would be fun to try:

http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/25-creative-homemade-popcorn-recipes/

I don't know if you're aiming for healthy or a bit of a treat-eats weekend, but I always like having easy to grab cut up fruit and veggie sticks when kids are over here - and surprisingly the kids do seem to eat veggies when they're in stick form with something to dip them into as well!

Reaction score
Yeah, I also like going for cut-up fruit. Popcorn is an awesome snack (btw @cupcakechef thanks for that link!). I also think pretzels is a good snack. I don't like the chocolate covered ones, but maybe they do. There is also dried fruit (my king especially likes banana chips). And our snack that we fall back on a lot is Cheerios. Sometimes, when we're feeling lazy, we eat those right out of the bag. LOL

Reaction score
Baked apples might be a fun treat for kids. If you can find those small ones, hey usually sell them in s bag now rather than individually, they won't be too big for each person to eat the whole thing.

When I bake apples, I remove the core except for the very bottom. Then put some brown sugar in the hole. I don't use a ton of sugar, just some. Then put about a teaspoon or so of butter on top of the sugar and lightly butter the skin. Dust with cinnamon and bake till soft. I haven't done it in a while but I think a small Apple would be about half an hour to bake.

Reaction score
Baked apples are always good. It's the one fruit I can get my picky kid to eat.

I'd also consider making some homemade soft pretzels or bread sticks are good too.. Mini muffins are a good idea as well. I always make those when kids will be around, and I try to have a nice variety. You can throw in a batch of corn muffins as well, if you don't want all of them to be sweet.

I like to have lots of little, grab-able snacks around when we have company, so people won't feel shy if they're hungry. I always try to have several choices at hand for everyone.

Reaction score
I love baked pears, in my opinion they taste better than baked apples ;) But that is just me, I ate my baked pears with some ice cream, but they are also good with some whipped crap and a bit chocolate on top. You can also bake a small cake! Or maybe a bundt cake or make some banana bread. You can also try some cold pops.

Reaction score
I love baked pears, in my opinion they taste better than baked apples ;) But that is just me, I ate my baked pears with some ice cream, but they are also good with some whipped crap and a bit chocolate on top. You can also bake a small cake! Or maybe a bundt cake or make some banana bread. You can also try some cold pops.

Whipped crap? lol

I don't think I've ever had baked pears, but that sounds yummy (without the whipped crap haha). I prefer pears to apples, so I'm going to have to give that a whirl. Do you make them like the apples? Do you add butter and cinnamon or just bake them on their own?

Homemade granola bars is another good option for grab and go snacks for kids.

Reaction score
Wow! I am getting some ideas for myself: baked apples and pears. I have baked neither so that's something to do for this kid. Are cookies too boring and obvious? I really should not bring that up the way things have been going lately with me and cookie but still even I would throw in a few cookies.

Reaction score
Baked apple pie on a stick!!! Where did I see those?!?! They were soooooo cute and I'm sure they would love them!!!

Reaction score
Whipped crap? lol

I don't think I've ever had baked pears, but that sounds yummy (without the whipped crap haha). I prefer pears to apples, so I'm going to have to give that a whirl. Do you make them like the apples? Do you add butter and cinnamon or just bake them on their own?

Homemade granola bars is another good option for grab and go snacks for kids.

Sorry, hahahahahaha I meant whipped cream, lol!!!! Omg!!! I was typing a little too fast! Lol! I swear I wasn't trolling or anything like that. But yeah, I mean whipped cream. We baked our pears with red wine tho, that would be a big no no for the children tho. You can also use a express pot for that. To be honest I have NEVER been a big fan of apples :p

Reaction score
Kids? X6? TASTY TREATS? I know what I would have wanted as a kid:

TADDAAAAA

rice-krispie-treats.jpg

That's right. Rice Krispie Treats.

Failing that, other healthier alternatives are candied apples with brown sugar, cookies, muffins, or cupcakes. Generally baked goods go over well with the youngsters cause they can eat it on the fly (and you'll need to vaccuum on the fly too! LOL)

Reaction score
heeheeheeheehee I am DYING. whipped crap. :D:D:D:D:D

Yes! Rice Krispies treats and I just remembered oatmeal cookies. Good!

Reaction score
Mmm. I'm getting hungry with all this talk. Gunna have to pick up ingredients for the rice krispie treats! Hah.

Ask a Question