Best Fast and Quiet Mixers

What do you think about this models?

• KitchenAid 5KHM720AWER

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Philips HR1459

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Oster 3170-049

• your variant (leave in comment, please)

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hello! I'm sure I'll find the advice here very fast. What mixer do you use? I need it works fast, and be not very noisy.

Reaction score
Hello! I'm sure I'll find the advice here very fast. What mixer do you use? I need it works fast, and be not very noisy.

When is comes to hand mixers a major factor is ergonomics. So you have to choose a mixer that is best suited to your grip.

Ergonomics aside the Cuisinart is a better performing mixer than any of the above. While the KitchenAid is comparable power wise to Cuisinart, they differ in performance due to the design of the attachments. Longer beater and wider whisk ends of the Cuisinart produce better whipped cream and beaten eggs whites. And KitchenAid is not known for the way they arrange their controls, whether on hand mixers or stand mixers. Cuisinart controls are more logically placed.

While most all my mixing is done in a KitchenAid stand mixer, I kept a Cuisinart hand mixer for small tasks. I let my ex take it, so it’s been a couple of years since I last used the cuisinart. I’m not sure if another brand has since produced a better performing hand mixer.

Reaction score
For hand mixers, I use Oster. They are hugely powerful, even more powerful than I need most of the time. Heck, even the low setting is pretty fast. Would prefer to have a slide "dial" so I could get it going at any speed I need.
But yeah, Oster is low priced and will take on the heavy projects.

81tJBfFVoPL._SY355_.jpg

For my kitchen, I use the Sunbeam Mixmaster. I love it. I've used Kitchenaid mixers in previous bakery jobs, and they always had something go wrong with them. Overpriced, and a waste of money to me.

My Sunbeam is awesome and it's pretty quiet, and again, its a decent price. Actually, I got it on sale for $40.00!!

b027a427-68a5-4c2a-8c81-3fa648ccf610_1.d3e193e48596ba1d4f56d95e58498167.jpeg

If you don't care about price, then I would suggest looking at Kenwood stand mixers

Kenwood-7-qt-Major-Stand-Mixer-Stainless.jpg

Or Viking home mixers...

viking-stand-mixers.jpg

Now, if you like something non-standard and a bit on the "wild" side.......

Reaction score
Oh yeah!

Be sure you get the right WATTAGE of mixer for what your need will be. If you are going to be making a lot of cakes, then the lower wattage mixers are fine. If you are going to be making cookie doughs, bread doughs, or anything of that nature, then the Oster hand mixer I have shown is the highest wattage available (or it was when I bought mine).

If you are going to buy a stand mixer, then the pretty much all have the power wattage needed for heavy mixing.

Reaction score

Hi there!

I personally recommend a Bosch mixer. But it completely depends on what you want to use your mixer for, how much, and how long. I've used my Bosch for nearly 4 years now, baking for my family of 5, and it is still going strong! I can mix a lot at once and not have any problem. It's completely durable and reliable.

However, like I said, it depends on what your use is. If you won't use a mixer all that often then a cheaper one would be best.

I hope that helps! Best of luck.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question