Nerdy Nummies

Reaction score
Have you ever heard of Nerdy Nummies? It's a channel on Youtube that features really creative and delectable recipes! I've always wanted to try recreating her baked goods, but I never have the time or the right ingredients to make them. In this video, she makes Lego shaped cookies with M&Ms as filling:

This is the original recipe:http://www.hanielas.com/2014/02/lego-bricks-pinata-cookies-and-lego.html#.U8Vc4Y2SydN .

What do you think of Nerdy Nummies? Also, Have you ever tried making pinata cookies? They seem difficult to make.

Reaction score
I just recently discovered Nerdy Nummies! I'm sure the host is a nice lady, but some of her mannerisms sometimes come off to me as patronizing. I've got to admire her enthusiasm, though, and how her recipes are just really simple and easy to follow. I prefer Feast of Fiction, though, because they almost never do anything the easy way.

Reaction score
I've had her on my subscribe list for a long time, although I will admit, I usually don't watch her videos, since I don't have the time/energy/money to actually bake any of the things she bakes on her show. I really want to do a Captain America cake though, which I believe she did..a year or two ago maybe? I dunno.

Also, and this will be a bit of a hard question to answer I expect, but does 'pinata' mean the same thing that I think it does? As in, is that the word for the things you string up at birthday parties that are full of sweets and stuff, and you have to hit with a stick?

Reaction score
I just recently discovered Nerdy Nummies! I'm sure the host is a nice lady, but some of her mannerisms sometimes come off to me as patronizing. I've got to admire her enthusiasm, though, and how her recipes are just really simple and easy to follow. I prefer Feast of Fiction, though, because they almost never do anything the easy way.

I agree, her mannerisms are strange at times, but I think she acts that way to attract more viewers. Also, I've never heard of Feast of Fiction. They sound interesting, though!

I've had her on my subscribe list for a long time, although I will admit, I usually don't watch her videos, since I don't have the time/energy/money to actually bake any of the things she bakes on her show. I really want to do a Captain America cake though, which I believe she did..a year or two ago maybe? I dunno.

Also, and this will be a bit of a hard question to answer I expect, but does 'pinata' mean the same thing that I think it does? As in, is that the word for the things you string up at birthday parties that are full of sweets and stuff, and you have to hit with a stick?

Actually, I think that the baker uses the term 'pinata' to make her recipe sound more appealing. The cookies are just regular baked goods with whole, small M&Ms as a filling. Also, your reply just gave me another idea for a recipe! A life-size, edible pinata would be incredibly interesting to make. However, I don't have the talent to make something an edible pinata, so it will just be an idea for now until I improve my baking skills.

Reaction score
Well, I figured that might just be the case Starry, I was just wondering if that was the same thing, you know? For some reason it doesn't look right when I see it spelt out like that...I've no idea why though.

But ohh that'd be amazing! Maybe we could enlist some more experienced members of the forum to try it out and take pictures of it for us.

Reaction score
These are so cute. Mini Pinatas! I really think my family would love these. How big do these end up being? Im wondering if they are more than a serving.

Reaction score
Well, I figured that might just be the case Starry, I was just wondering if that was the same thing, you know? For some reason it doesn't look right when I see it spelt out like that...I've no idea why though.

But ohh that'd be amazing! Maybe we could enlist some more experienced members of the forum to try it out and take pictures of it for us.

Oh, I see. I understand, because when I first read the video's title, I also thought about actual pinatas, instead of cookie filling.

Also, that's a wonderful idea! I would love to see pictures on this forum of an edible pinata!

These are so cute. Mini Pinatas! I really think my family would love these. How big do these end up being? Im wondering if they are more than a serving.

I haven't tried baking them yet, so I wouldn't know. However, I assume that you can make about 4-5 pinata cookies!

Reaction score
I have seen her channel a few times. This young lady is super talented and comes up with fresh impressive ideas. If you have not checked her out you should . Even if her projects are a bit over the top for you it is still great to watch the wonderful things she whips up.

Reaction score
Your mentioning of it is the first time I've heard of the channel, but I'm definitely checking it out now =). I did have one disaster attempt at making pinata cookies, but it was definitely trying to wing it with some less than stellar ingredients...I'll have to give it another try one of these days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
am123

Latest Threads