New England (or Yankee) Indian Pudding

Reaction score
I wasn't aware that this dish was related to Britain's hasty pudding until reading this article. I grew up eating Indian Pudding, but it's been quite a while since I've made it. I think I will try this recipe out when I can pick up some maple syrup. I tend to have the rest of the ingredients on hand most of the time. I always crave this type of recipe once the weather cools off in the Fall, and although it's humid and a little hotter this week, I got a taste of the Autumn weather last week. The recipe makes 6-8 servings, so unless you have a group, there'll be some leftovers, which I love.

Reaction score
As soon as I saw the picture I thought it looked like the perfect comforting cooler weather dessert. I hadn't even heard of this type of pudding before - I think I have all the ingredients on hand right now except for the molasses. Once I get my hands on some of that, I might give this a whirl!

Reaction score
I've been using more molasses over the past few years. I think I have a little, but I'd better stock up anyway, since it's Fall. It's definitely a colder weather dessert, and I've never seen it down here in Texas, just up in New England. I hope you do end up trying it, and enjoy it!

Reaction score
I have checked the recipe and the ingredients looked good especially with the nutmeg and cinnamon. But I am wondering about the molasses. From what I know, molasses is the sweet sticky liquid given to the horses (my family is connected to race horses). But anyway, I would love to have a taste of that Yankee Indian pudding if only for the ice cream topping. it looks like a great dessert to me. Now I'm craving for pudding, huh.

Ask a Question