New Kitchen stuff,what have you bought lately ?

Reaction score
Ut Oh,I broke out the ole credit card last night and went looking for a Waffle Maker and spent more that I should have on Amazon,I bought a Cuisinart WMR-CA one for 30 bucks and of course the free shipping starts at 35 bucks so I fixed that problem :)

so I bought a 11 piece stainless steel measuring cups and spoons set for 16 bucks,then I thought I would buy a set of spatulas since I am down to one that I use to scrap down bowls with ,well someway or the other i ended up looking at mandolins instead and guess what ?

then I bought a Chefs Inspiration V Blade Stainless steel V Blade Mandolin slicer and cutter for 40 bucks,I thought it was strange that I paid more for it than I did the Waffle Iron :) I bought it as soon as they said a free cleaning brush came with it lol that is what happens when you are looking at kitchen stuff on Amazon

I should have just bought the spatulas instead and not spent so much ,oh well the Credit Card Company will appreciate my endeavor to save on shipping charges lol I will post some pictures when I get them

so please tell us all about what you have bought lately for the kitchen ,after looking at all the different stuff online last night,it makes me want to buy a lot more stuff for the kitchen :)

Reaction score
The only things I've bought recently are a couple of new cooling racks and some chopping boards - my old ones were looking not so great! I do need to invest in some new knives too. For the most part all my baking stuff htough is in good condition, I try and keep it that way :)

I totally know what you mean about Amazon though - it can be rather addictive and dangerous to the bank balance!

Reaction score
I'm thinking about new knives too or I should take the time and go thru and sharpen my old ones :) that will be best,since the ole credit card will need to be hidden for a while now :)

Reaction score
I'm thinking about new knives too or I should take the time and go thru and sharpen my old ones :) that will be best,since the ole credit card will need to be hidden for a while now :)

Same for me...after Christmas and all the birthdays I had to get gifts for in December I'm a little scared to see the credit card bill!! I think I'll have to hold off for a little while!

Reaction score
I would really love to have the money to invest in some high quality whisks. I love using whisks, but all I can afford are the cheap ones from the dollar stores.

Actually, I'm thinking about selling my baking pan collection. I rarely do any baking anymore, so most of what I have collected is just sitting there collecting dust. Mind you, I'm only THINKING about it at this point....
LOL

Reaction score
I should have went to the good will first,a friends daughter picked up a perfectly fine
Keuerig coffee maker for 4 bucks and I do need a dollar store run for sure

Reaction score
ut oh I had the credit card out again yesterday :) I was at the wal mart and only spent about 50 more bucks than I expected too,the only thing I got for the kitchen was a sponge ,Brillo pads and a couple of brushes to wash dishes with :) so I did fairly well,but now I'm thinking of stuff for the kitchen I should have bought lol

like those spatulas and some kind of storage containers for sugar and flour,I need 4 or 5 of them,so I can get stuff out of a bag and something that I can easily scoop ingredients out of ,I did see some cheap 1 gallon buckets on Amazon and they were food grade too

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...6977&ref_=sr_1_17&s=home-garden&sr=1-17-spons

ugh I hate paying 5 bucks a piece though ,any ideas as what to use ? that is inexpensive ?

hmmm I wonder if I can add them to my order ? :)

Reaction score
ut oh I had the credit card out again yesterday :) I was at the wal mart and only spent about 50 more bucks than I expected too,the only thing I got for the kitchen was a sponge ,Brillo pads and a couple of brushes to wash dishes with :) so I did fairly well,but now I'm thinking of stuff for the kitchen I should have bought lol

like those spatulas and some kind of storage containers for sugar and flour,I need 4 or 5 of them,so I can get stuff out of a bag and something that I can easily scoop ingredients out of ,I did see some cheap 1 gallon buckets on Amazon and they were food grade too

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0100OCH5Q?keywords=store 5 pound flour food grade&psc=1&qid=1451656977&ref_=sr_1_17&s=home-garden&sr=1-17-spons

ugh I hate paying 5 bucks a piece though ,any ideas as what to use ? that is inexpensive ?

hmmm I wonder if I can add them to my order ? :)

We have several different kinds of dollar/thrift/clearance/discount stores in my area. They even carry brand name kitchen utensils like Betty Crocker and Pillsbury. They also carry different brands of plasticware, including Rubbermaid pop-top containers. (I know, at a DOLLAR store, right?)

I have a few large plastic containers for my sugar and flour, and I only paid $1.00 each for them at the dollar store!
These pieces weren't name brand, but I have had NO problems with the flour going stale or the sugar getting moisture in it and crystallizing.

Have you tried Ebay? I got most of my bakeware off of Ebay, because I found it cheaper on there than even in the discount stores and online clearance places.

Reaction score
I got some of the cutest baking supplies for christmas, a cake stand, cupcake pan, ceramic jug, tea and table spoons all so cute! @cupcakechef I agree that Amazon can be addictive and dangerous to the bank balance! I bought a £3 item once and ended up spending over £20 just to get free postage all baking items. £20 isn't breaking the bank but over time...

Reaction score
I got some of the cutest baking supplies for christmas, a cake stand, cupcake pan, ceramic jug, tea and table spoons all so cute! @cupcakechef I agree that Amazon can be addictive and dangerous to the bank balance! I bought a £3 item once and ended up spending over £20 just to get free postage all baking items. £20 isn't breaking the bank but over time...

Thats why I like to buy a lot of stuff on Ebay.....they are pretty cheap to buy and a lot of them come with no shipping charges!

Reaction score
We have several different kinds of dollar/thrift/clearance/discount stores in my area. They even carry brand name kitchen utensils like Betty Crocker and Pillsbury. They also carry different brands of plasticware, including Rubbermaid pop-top containers. (I know, at a DOLLAR store, right?)

I have a few large plastic containers for my sugar and flour, and I only paid $1.00 each for them at the dollar store!
These pieces weren't name brand, but I have had NO problems with the flour going stale or the sugar getting moisture in it and crystallizing.

Have you tried Ebay? I got most of my bakeware off of Ebay, because I found it cheaper on there than even in the discount stores and online clearance places.

I'm going to check out the local dollar stores,I haven't been to them other than once and that was a while back :) sugar and flour and cornmeal are what I'm looking to store,I will definitely give them a try,I've never tried E Bay either

Reaction score
instead of buying new knives,I broke out the sharpening stone and put an edge to the ones I have and sacked up a bunch to be got rid of ,i looked at a drawer full of knives and thought,hmmm half of them aren't worth sharpening :)

Reaction score
wow who knew ? I was just watching a joy of baking recipe for waffles and guess what ? I need waffle tongs too ? :)

Reaction score
well I've gotten the waffle iron and i have to say I'm disappointed in it and haven't made a waffle yet :) it is a lot smaller than I expected and the cord is so short that it want sit on the stove and I've heated it up and cooled it off several times and there is a smell still coming off of it,I'm going to make some waffles and see if that stops.hopefully it will

I haven't opened up the mandolin yet,but will shortly :)

Reaction score
I've opened up the mandolin,there wasn't much in the way of an instruction manual,but they did send some some instructions guides,by E Mail from Amazon,I need to wash it and set it up and try to slice something

hopefully not a finger :)

Reaction score
well the mandolin has been washed and waiting to dry,I've only found 2 small punctures that are bleeding at the moment :) that was because I took a towel to it to dry it off,now I have decided to wait on it to air dry lol

but I thought they could have labeled each blade for the mandolin,there are 4 of the attachments or whatever there called :) I will experiment with it shortly

the measuring cups and spoons look fairly decent,there a little thinner than I thought they would be,but they should be fine,I do like that they fit into each other and have a metal ring holding them in place,they do save a bunch of space in my kitchen drawers,I've almost got enough stuff to take to the local Goodwill store now :)

Reaction score
here are some old taters that i sliced up,it worked really good,but i am disappointed that there wasn't a blade that would cut them to french fry size,I'm sure it is probably an attempt to get me to buy more blades or blocks or whatever there called :) so i would say so far I am disappointed
001.JPG
with it,but I've yet to use,so we shall see

it does cut taters very thin,so there will be some hash browns before long :) it is cutting them so thin,that the color is turning fast on them,so a shot of Lemon juice on taters to stop them from turning brown ? or try to dry them fast ?

Reaction score
and i did pick up a silicone spatula,a food brush and some skewers at the local drug store,yea I know,i should have went to the Dollar store ;) i think a new Sifter and some Biscuit cutters and I will be done shopping for kitchen stuff for a while,hopefully it will save me some cash,hmmm I do have 20 bucks in my pocket,I should go to the Goodwill soon lol

Ask a Question