New member from Switzerland

Reaction score
Hi all,

Found this great forum while I was searching for some recipes / techniques! I just got my first-ever KitchenAid, so I am very excited to be able to bake without my arms dropping off :)

A little about me - I am not completely new to baking, but growing up in a Turkish household, our idea of baking and desserts is different than the European / North-American. So I am excited to learn new techniques as well as recipes, and I hope I can weave in some of the Turkish flavours as well :)

Reaction score
Hi all,

Found this great forum while I was searching for some recipes / techniques! I just got my first-ever KitchenAid, so I am very excited to be able to bake without my arms dropping off :)

A little about me - I am not completely new to baking, but growing up in a Turkish household, our idea of baking and desserts is different than the European / North-American. So I am excited to learn new techniques as well as recipes, and I hope I can weave in some of the Turkish flavours as well :)

Welcome! Oh and I will be thrilled to see some Turkish recipes here! Please don’t hesitate to show off some your family treats and traditions.

Reaction score
Thank you for your warm welcome!

I will do my best, I also have an influence of the Persian cuisine (due to my father). Let me see what I can whip up for you.

Looking forward to make my first-ever bread, so if anyone has tips or a tested recipe, I'd be grateful!

Reaction score
Hiii.... I joined here few minutes ago. I m a north Indian so I can also teach some good recipes if someone teach me how to bake

Reaction score
Hiii.... I joined here few minutes ago. I m a north Indian so I can also teach some good recipes if someone teach me how to bake

oh you have a deal!!! I’m in Northern California so we have a few really good Indian grocery stores. So I can get all the ingredients. So bring on the dal and butter chicken!!

i’m more than happy to help you with you’re a Baking journey. Let me know a little bit about what you would like to do.

Reaction score
Turkish desserts are some of the most enticing I've ever seen! I'll admit I'm not too familiar with them - I've really just had baklava and halva before (albeit maybe not entirely unique to Turkey, close enough :p) - but everything I've seen about Turkish sweets and confections just makes me salivate. I'd love to learn more about them and see what you make!

Reaction score
Thank you - I'll remember to take some pictures next time! I made poğaça yesterday, which is a savoury dough filled with white cheese and some chilli flakes (since I like spicy food). My only problem is going to be the measurements, as my family's recipes are not really weighed / measured properly - especially the flour. Next time I'll do my best to weigh how much I put in, although it won't be easy :)

And I made helva last week (the semolina version, you can also make it with flour)! It is actually super easy to make, just time consuming as you need to stir till your arm falls off basically. Is there a place where I can share some recipes or look up recipes on the forum?

Reaction score
oh you have a deal!!! I’m in Northern California so we have a few really good Indian grocery stores. So I can get all the ingredients. So bring on the dal and butter chicken!!

i’m more than happy to help you with you’re a Baking journey. Let me know a little bit about what you would like to do.
Hiiiii... I can teach you dal but can't non veg as we r pure vegan.

Reaction score
Thank you - I'll remember to take some pictures next time! I made poğaça yesterday, which is a savoury dough filled with white cheese and some chilli flakes (since I like spicy food). My only problem is going to be the measurements, as my family's recipes are not really weighed / measured properly - especially the flour. Next time I'll do my best to weigh how much I put in, although it won't be easy :)

And I made helva last week (the semolina version, you can also make it with flour)! It is actually super easy to make, just time consuming as you need to stir till your arm falls off basically. Is there a place where I can share some recipes or look up recipes on the forum?

members just post recipes under the headings. When they are looking for things they will ask. Its kind of informal. That used to be a lot more participation. It’s kind of quiet here lately. I hope it picks up again.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I made some lokum, turkish delight last year, neighbors didn't like it, I liked it.

My friends toured Turkey in their car a few years ago, they said it was fantastic, ancient ruins everywhere and people would start bringing food out if they stopped to ask for directions.

Ask a Question