New on board

Reaction score
Good afternoon ya'll!
Just saying hey. I am a former US Navy submarine cook and baker. After doing my 20 years. I went to a community college and got into the culinary arts program. That didn't last too long, so I began working at some local hotels in their pastry departments. I did this for about 5 years till I realized that the food service business is a young person's profession. Being close to 50, I changed vocations and went into the manufacturing business. But I never lost the desire to do some baking. Right now I specialize in Filipino bakery products such as Pandesals, Pianonos, ensaymadas, and Mamons. I bake out of my home, using my 20 quart Hobart A200 dough mixer plus two KitchenAid stand mixers. I have two electric ranges on my back porch dedicated to baking. I usually bake for friends and family, but sometimes word of mouth sends me customers that ask for larger quantities. I enjoy what I do, but now that I am fully retired (65 y/o) I limit the amounts that I will make weekly. Most of my products are made as needed (orders) with the exception of my Pandesal, which I make, package, and freeze ahead of time.
I will bring up some questions in later posts, but for now, I am saying Hi!

Ask a Question