Baking Dilemma with Morphy Richards MWO 25 CG

Reaction score
Hi, I just bought a Morphy Richards MWO 25 CG (200 ACM). There is a Grill + Convection mode and a Micro+ Convection mode. Which one do I use to bake cupcakes,cakes and cookies. The Pre-heat option is only present in the G+C mode. Please advise. I just ruined some great batter (always made my cakes on the good old hob like my grandmom) in trying differe permutations and combinations but alas the cup cakes turned out flat or burnt or had extra crispy tops. Please help.

Does anyone use this model ???

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! :)

I would have thought it would be the Grill + Convection mode.

always made my cakes on the good old hob like my grandmom

Never heard of cakes being done like this before!

Reaction score
Ok, I had to look that up, because I never heard of such a thing.

If you are baking, you are going to use the microwave with convection.
The grill and convection is for meats I think.

I've never heard of a convection microwave before. Seems like that would be a waste of money, seeing as the convection part is only a fan circulating hot air. But since its a microwave, there is no heat, only microwaves that bombard the food particles, causing them to shift around, causing friction heat. Convection on works with outside heat sources (gas, elec, wood, coal).

Maybe its something entirely new that I've never heard of.......I will have to check this out sometime.

Reaction score
I've never heard of a convection microwave before. Seems like that would be a waste of money, seeing as the convection part is only a fan circulating hot air. But since its a microwave, there is no heat, only microwaves that bombard the food particles, causing them to shift around, causing friction heat. Convection on works with outside heat sources (gas, elec, wood, coal).

That's why they need to use the Convection + Grill setting :)

Reaction score
Well, I still think grill would be for cooking meats or veggies.

I looked online for information on baking with your model oven, but they had everything else EXCEPT baking a cake.

I did find this video however.....it is a different brand, but it might give you an idea....

Ask a Question