New to baking

Reaction score
Hey all!

New here and wanted to introduce myself, just started baking back in February. I was actually planning on getting into sourdough before the pandemic craziness so I had most the tools I needed ready, still need a proofing basket though. Have had a starter going since Feb 21. I also got into baking breads with yeast as I'm not always up to the multi-day/multi-step process that is making a sourdough loaf. So yeah what little baking experience I have is mostly with no-knead bread, made about a dozens loafs so far some good, some not so good but they've all been edible!

Want to start baking other stuff other than bread. Have tried a couple cookie recipes so far that ended up more cake like than cookie but they were still pretty good.

Looking forward to learning what I can from the bakers on this board!

Matt

Reaction score
Hey all!

New here and wanted to introduce myself, just started baking back in February. I was actually planning on getting into sourdough before the pandemic craziness so I had most the tools I needed ready, still need a proofing basket though. Have had a starter going since Feb 21. I also got into baking breads with yeast as I'm not always up to the multi-day/multi-step process that is making a sourdough loaf. So yeah what little baking experience I have is mostly with no-knead bread, made about a dozens loafs so far some good, some not so good but they've all been edible!

Want to start baking other stuff other than bread. Have tried a couple cookie recipes so far that ended up more cake like than cookie but they were still pretty good.

Looking forward to learning what I can from the bakers on this board!

Matt

Welcome to the forum. Once you get that baking bug, it’s hard to stop. looking forward to seeing what you bake.

Ask a Question