New to the forum, HELLO...

Reaction score
Hi all, I have browsed through many times but never joined, I am waiting for a new bread dough mix I am trying to rise in my cold kitchen so I figured I would join... I bake to help with the food costs of feeding my 2 growing teenage boys, last night my youngest had a sleepover so we had a total of 11 hungry teenagers roaming around. I mixed up a batch of dough, which made 7 dough balls around 20oz each {1 batch is about 8.5lbs of dough} and rolled out 7 large pizzas cooked 4 at once then the rest, they ate almost all 7... That would have been an expensive pizza party, but instead $3 of flour, yeast, ect, $3 of sauce and paste, $4 of chz, and $5 of pepperoni and vegetables and everyone is happy for about the cost of a single large pizza...

I also make the kids breads and snacks for school and try to make as much of what the family eats as possible, its relaxing, and fun at times...

Reaction score
Hi there! First let me say just ''wow''! You sound like the kind of mom I hope one day I can be! I would love to make most of what my family eats in the future :) I think it's very healthy and wallet friendly to try to make most of what you eat, I surely want to do the same in the future :)

Anyways, just wanted to welcome you to the forum! Hope to see you around! Looking forward to your posts :)

Reaction score
Thank you, although I am a dad, lol... :)

I try and make as much of what the kids eat myself, I make all our own breads, pastas, sauces, ice cream, snack bars, etc.. I even buy local grown primal cuts of meat and whole poultry, then process it myself, I cut, trim, and tie my own roasts, I grind my own hamburg, roast my own turkey breast and roast beef, stuff my own sausage, and cure my own bacon, lol...

I retired very young when I recently sold the business I started a while back and have the free time to do it and I happen to enjoy it immensely...
heres a picture of the rolls I do for the kids lunches and a braid I did for dinner...
IMG_0056_zpsa320d916.jpg

a picture of some pork and beef I ground for swedish meatballs, that I made for a party we had, I made home made pappardelle and fresh hot bread with it, it was 10lbs of meatballs, 6lbs of pasta, and a 12 cup bread mix, lol... A LOT OF WORK...
IMG_0065_zps62850044.jpg

Anyway thanks for the welcome, I have been poking around a bit I like the forum, seems like lots of good people...

Ask a Question