New Years Resolutions!

Reaction score
What is your New Years Resolutions?

Every year I make a new years resolution and it never really works out for me. I know its my fault for not caring it out but something I get ahead of myself and my resolution is very unrealistic. This year how ever I am going to try to get fit eat healthy and exerciser more. We all over eat during Christmas. I have a very sweet tooth, when there is chocolate around I can't walk away.

To motivate myself I have downloaded an app with 7 min work out. I know you might be saying 7 minutes isn't a really a workout, but I am really unfit and I need to start small and work my way up. I have tried to do 30 minute workouts and they killed me.

I would love to hear what your New Years Resolutions is going to be, or what even your plans for the new year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Reaction score
My 2013 New Year's Resolution was to move my daughter out of a crappy apartment and find us a better apartment and neighborhood.
I managed to pull that off at the last minute and singed a lease on December 17. Now my 2014 resolution is to maintain that apartment and never be late with my rent or bills, which won't be easy as a single mother. If I can just provide a nice, stable life for my daughter this year and pay off the credit card that I used for our utility deposits, I'll consider it a good year.

Reaction score
I actually don't do New Year's resolutions any more because I have never been able to keep them and then I get upset with myself because I feel like I've failed.

Instead, what I do these days is to make a list of different goals that I would like to accomplish with the new year. This does keep me from getting completely down on myself because I can't keep a resolution.

Reaction score
My 2013 New Year's Resolution was to move my daughter out of a crappy apartment and find us a better apartment and neighborhood.
I managed to pull that off at the last minute and singed a lease on December 17. Now my 2014 resolution is to maintain that apartment and never be late with my rent or bills, which won't be easy as a single mother. If I can just provide a nice, stable life for my daughter this year and pay off the credit card that I used for our utility deposits, I'll consider it a good year.

I know how you feel living a place that's not great for your child. I am in a similar situation, its not the house that I am living in rather the area. I am going to be moving out in Jan or Feb too. You do have to go where it will be safe for your children. I hope everything works out for you. Keep your chin up and everything will be ok.

Reaction score
I actually don't do New Year's resolutions any more because I have never been able to keep them and then I get upset with myself because I feel like I've failed.

Instead, what I do these days is to make a list of different goals that I would like to accomplish with the new year. This does keep me from getting completely down on myself because I can't keep a resolution.

I know how that feels. I tried to do both and I have failed so many years, but this year I am going to try my very best. I am hoping that 2014 will be my year.

Reaction score
I don't do New Year's Resolutions. In fact, I'm quite adamant about NOT doing them- it seems to silly and self-defeating to choose one time of the year to really buckle down and focus on goals and then watch yourself fall flat. I'd rather have goals and hopes and plans 24/7 and routinely evaluate them. For 2014, I need to continue the next steps of my education (professionally and personally), get some Physician shadowing and volunteer time in, find some new ways to connect with my family and hopefully make a little more time for art.

Reaction score
My New Year's resolutions are to eat healthier and to pay off bills. I want to be prosperous in every way and not be restricted because of finances. I also want to be more free, less worried about stuff I can't do anything about.

Reaction score
I know how you feel living a place that's not great for your child. I am in a similar situation, its not the house that I am living in rather the area. I am going to be moving out in Jan or Feb too. You do have to go where it will be safe for your children. I hope everything works out for you. Keep your chin up and everything will be ok.

Thank you very much. I hope that you find a great place for your family.

Reaction score
I agree I don’t do the whole New Year’s resolutions thing because it only motivates me for a few weeks and then I seem to find any excuse not to follow through. I have found it better to just set my goals for myself throughout the year and make sure they are attainable and that I can build on them. I have had my weight loss goals in place for over a year and for the first time I have stuck with it so far losing over 75 lbs. I know in the new year that I do not want to ruin my progress but I have worked hard to make the habit of eating healthier and exercising more. :)

Reaction score
I don't do New Year's Resolutions. In fact, I'm quite adamant about NOT doing them- it seems to silly and self-defeating to choose one time of the year to really buckle down and focus on goals and then watch yourself fall flat. I'd rather have goals and hopes and plans 24/7 and routinely evaluate them. For 2014, I need to continue the next steps of my education (professionally and personally), get some Physician shadowing and volunteer time in, find some new ways to connect with my family and hopefully make a little more time for art.

I hope you get everything in 2014. I have just started to spend more time with my parents. Its so easy to forget what you had until you move away and don't get to see the people you love the most.

Reaction score
I agree I don’t do the whole New Year’s resolutions thing because it only motivates me for a few weeks and then I seem to find any excuse not to follow through. I have found it better to just set my goals for myself throughout the year and make sure they are attainable and that I can build on them. I have had my weight loss goals in place for over a year and for the first time I have stuck with it so far losing over 75 lbs. I know in the new year that I do not want to ruin my progress but I have worked hard to make the habit of eating healthier and exercising more. :)

All the best, I love to see people that stick with their goals and make the most of them. All the best 2014

Reaction score
My New Years resolution is to remove debt and start my own business. We are almost done paying off both are car notes. Then we have a furniture store balance that we are close to paying off. Once we pay off all this crap we will have a extra $1k each month.

Reaction score
My New Years resolution is to remove debt and start my own business. We are almost done paying off both are car notes. Then we have a furniture store balance that we are close to paying off. Once we pay off all this crap we will have a extra $1k each month.

I am very happy for you. I hope your business will do very will in the new year. What kinda business is it?

Reaction score
That's great. Good luck with your new business. Congrats on being almost out of debt.

Ask a Question